Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what piercings have you got

Options
  • 11-08-2007 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i have my lipmy ear and my nipple done, have to work up the courage to get my tongue done

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Supechicgeek

reggyreg wrote:
    i have my lipmy ear and my nipple done, have to work up the courage to get my tongue done
    I got my tongue pierced in 2004. I was told it was sore but when I came out of the shop I just didnt get what all the pain thing was about. I went out that night and when I spoke to a few people in the pub they were very nervously backing away from me. After about an hour I realised that my speech was completely incoherent to those I spoke with and since it was only 19.00 in the evening the shocked look on most peoples faces was because they thought I was absolutely p'd drunk. I spent the following week justifying my speech impediment as what happens then is the worst bit. For the next seven days after you have had your piercing done, your tongue swells until it can no longer fit your mouth. The sensation of thinking you are going to choke on the "ball" part of your pierciing increases day by day. You have an imprint of your teeth firmly embedded in your swollen tongue. And the worst bit of all is that you are absolutely starving and cannot eat a thing! I went for a roastbeef carvery a week after I got my piercing and sat at the dinner table crying at the injustice of it all . As the aroma of food wafted towards me I could not eat a screed. I was devastated and famished. After the swollenness left I enjoyed a year long adventure and dozens of enquires as to what the benefits of having your tongue piercing are. That is strictly a personal choice. But after I bit down on the ball when eating and broke half of my tooth off, I decided that the negatives definitely out weighed the positives and dumped it in the bin!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hahaha I just swallowed my tongue barbell. Aside from that though, it's a fun piercing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Eh... if your tongue gets that swollen I'd say something is very, very wrong. Did you take care of it properly or eat dairy while the piercing was still fresh? I have never heard of anyone who took proper care of theirs having such a severe adverse reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Piercings still in - Prince Albert, nape, nose and earplug

Piercings removed - Tonuge, lip, scaffold, conch, horizontal surface piercing under bellybutton...eh ive forgotten half them at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Never saw your nape one Garth, musta missed that!

I've none... I'm an embarrassment to this forum... ;)

Considering getting a PA though, even though I was told a horror story about a PA by a nurse last night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have to say garth, i love your piercings, they really suit you, not overdone or anything...

i gots me nipple, ears, lip and belly done... total of 12... will be gettin my other nipple and maaaybe the back of my neck done while in NZ in november.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i have a labret,a smiley,my septum,my navel,anti navel,my ear lobes three times each,two are stretched to 4 mm,both tragus and the top of one ear four times.i never realized how many i actually have lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

On my right ear I've 3 on the lobe, conch and top of the cartilage, on the left I've 2 on the lobe and I've got my tongue done as well but may be taking that out since it's not really done properly apparently. Had them all a few years now except the conch one which I got done a couple days ago because I got bored of my old ones. Was only wearing 2 earrings on my lobes and my tongue one for ages but started getting back into my other ones recently. I'm in the mood for something else but have yet to figure out what I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Errrm..
    Labret, side of lip, frownie, tongue, navel, both ears stretched to 20mm, left ear pierced x5 plus vertical tragus, right ear x5 also plus custom scaffold - conch, rim x 2.
    I think that's it :confused:;)

Lip, nose, tongue, half inch ears, 3 other lobe piercings, 2 industrials, one orbital, nape, conch, 2xtragus, rook... a few retired ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Nostril
    3.2mm septum
    helix
    2x 8mm lobes
    2x 5mm lobes
    2x 4mm lobes
    2x 3.2mm lobes
    3.2mm nipples
    2.4mm vertical hood

Retired - 2 helices on right ear, 1.6mm nipples, christina, horizontal hood, a cocked up attempt at a vertical hood, it ended up being more like a surface piercing where my inner labia meet, l pity that piercer's girlfriend if that's his anatomy knowledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

labret, tongue, two 17mm lobes, tragus, rook, nape, nipple, apa. up until 3pm today i had a microdermal in my forearm but my new pup ripped it out on me. :mad:

oh well

All I have i my ears.. :( 9 in total!

I really really wanna get my lip pierced.. on the side.. iv wanted it done for years.. but I was too young.. and my parents woulda killed me.. Im 18 now so I can get it done.. but they still will kill me when I get it done. (very strict)

Im gettin it done next month.. and Im going away to college so theyll never have to see it! Weeeeeeeey heyyyyyyyy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Nose, nape, tragus, upper right ear lobe, and then the ears themselves are done 4 times.

I'm going to get the nape piercing extended though - I'm aiming for two more piercings beside the existing one which will give me a line of them on the back of my neck. Glen in Adonis is going to do it though he is waiting for some surface bars to come in to make it different. I may also get a cleavage piercing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Nostril
    3.2mm septum
    helix
    2x 8mm lobes
    2x 5mm lobes
    2x 4mm lobes
    2x 3.2mm lobes
    3.2mm nipples
    2.4mm vertical hood
    How many ear lobes do you have?!?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

GaRtH_V wrote:
    How many ear lobes do you have?!?! ;)

just the two unfortunately, otherwise there'd be a lot more stretched piercings in them!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

My list of current piercings is pretty boring. Double nostrils, nipples and 9x various ear piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just my tongue, considering getting a second tongue piercing also. That second post above sounds like a nightmare. The first time I got my tongue pierced it swelled a little bit where I had a slight lisp. The barbell came out and I left it too long to put another back in. Just got it repierced a couple of weeks ago and no swelling whatsoever. I was able to change the bar after a week.

i want my tongue done but its the one piercing that scares me!i couldn't go without food either

Saranne: I think I ate more with a fresh tongue piercing than I do normally... I really suck :( I even did a shot the day I got it, which is really damn stupid!

• Advertisement

i want my tongue done but its the one piercing that scares me!i couldn't go without food either
    It's really not that bad, the worst only lasts a few days :) I just carried on eating as normal, except feeding myself like a bird :p In other words breaking the food up into tiny bits and dropping it down my throat. Looked like an idiot but it got the job done!

Edit: Dairy and alcohol really should be avoided for a week or so though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

OMG! i feel like such a light weight,

ive only got my lower lip done, and ive had my belly button done but got bored of it, gettin my tongue done for my 18th next week!! =D

i was really nervous about my septum too but i managed to do it,i think i will just go for it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

Eyebrow, industrial, lip, tounge, nape, nipple

i was really nervous about my septum too but i managed to do it,i think i will just go for it:)
    Do it do it! :D You just need a couple of free days recovery time and you're sorted. Unless you don't mind sounding like a complete idiot in public, then you don't need any free time!

And for what it's worth, you might get lucky and have no speech impediment- Nobody noticed I had mine done at all, and I went straight into work the day after!

i was talking like someone who had an apple stuck in his mouth, tongue swelled up so much, was quite hilarious

i think people will notice lol im not very good at hiding my piercings,my mam just found out i have my septum done even though i had it flipped up,ah well

its in your nose, fair play for hiding it as long as possible. ive hidden my tongue piercing for about 6months, i dont need to but id rather em not know cos my lil sister wants hers done and im saying no :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

the piercings i have are tongue (although considering taking that one out) anti-tragus, one on the rim, rook, diath, orbital and a transverse lobe.

Advertisement