Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what piercings have you got

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

6mm septum, 3.2mm nips & nape. Hopefully getting a PA at the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

xRonix wrote:
    vertical bridge
    bridge
    horizontal eyebrow x 2
    ear lobe plugs 55 mm x 2
    nostril tunnel 3mm x 2
    septum tunnel 8mm
    madonna x 2
    medusa x 2 (one below another)
    madonna near lips x 2
    snake bites (2 labrets below lips)
    standard labret x 2 (one below another)
    lowbret x 2
    nipple x 2
    lorum x 3
    prince albert 3mm

That, is impressive. I saw the pix. Fair plays. Lovin it!

And thanks, narco! It sucks I can't have visable piercings cos of my job. (Ya wanna see the hassle I get with having both my hands inked... *sigh*)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

what do you work at?

im working iwth the elderly, and while it says nowhere in the guide book the company give you about tattoos piercings, i do try to keep it (relatively) conservative. i didnt get my lip done til i was settled in with the client, and they were judging me on my abilities instead of my appearance. another client i went to after that, was absolutely fascinated by all my piercings, it was weirdly cool :D

yeah, so far, all my piercings are removable, and all my tattoos are easily hidden. small one on my wrist that's easily covered by jewellery/sleeves, and the back of my neck which is covered by hair or shirt collars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I work for AIB now, in home mortgages. I hate the fact they're so strict about it. My hands are always gonna be on show, like. I have to wear long sleeves all the time. And they give me hassle about my ears. Everyone else has no problem with it. And it doesn't say anything about it anywhere in my contract or guide book. Discrimination... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

urgh, hate that. i used to work for fúcking CENTRA! and i wasnt allowed ANY piercings in, i wasnt allowed wear rings (except a wedding ring o_O ), bracelets, watches... nothing!

i used to have about 8/9 bracelets on one wrist and htey all meant quite a lot to me (cheapass things, but you know how it is...), but over the time i worked in centra, one by one they all kinda got lost, and stuff, just from havin to put htem on and take htem off all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i work in spar and its meant to be strict but its not,i get away with it because the managers love me:D i was reading about some woman who got fired from aib because of an eyebrow bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

My manager told me to take out most my piercings... but now I'm allowed have all my ear ones and my nape. Haven't tried putting the lip ring back in yet, but it doesn't close up so it's not too much hassle taking it in and out. The only crappy thing is not being able to get a second lip piercing like I want :(

Good news though! I discovered yesterday that my septum piercing is still open. Just need to get some jewellery and a taper to try and resurrect it fully...

i have my lip and they dont really care they think its weird,i just keep my septum flipped up so they cant see,how long did you have it jewelery free for?

3 years. It's a piercing that just won't quit! :)

wow thats impressive!i hope mine would stay open if i took the retainer out,its almost fallen out many times

• Advertisement

I've been obsessing over stretching piercings other than my ears recently... I'm starting on my tongue when it's healed, but I also love stretched septums too. Now I can start stretching mine again.... provided I can get some jewellery to fit in it. yay!

i was thinking of stretching mine hopefully it will be a nice easy stretch like my right ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 XXeeeaaaXX

i have my ears, belly button and tongue piersed out of em all my tongue hurt the most but its my faveourite! :D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

http://www.bebo.com/XxbackalackaxX

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

Tongue, Navel, two Dermal stretch 6mm, hood.
    previously had Eye brow, and tagrus -But since taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭suzbox

iv got tragus done ....6 times on my ear lobes nd then the top part of my ear i rele want my tongue done but i read this story bout this one who got her tongue done and her head swelled and her skull had to be i duno sumthing lyk broke to release the pressure on her brain .....im not gone lyk mental or anything ........nd i rele wanted it done until dat...btw can your tongue be too short to get peirced?

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=3046496400&PhotoAlbumId=4836840434&PhotoId=5304023450

^^^^^^^^ link to where i read the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

"he mouth is moist and full of bacteria, and the tongue has major blood vessels ideal for spreading infection to the brain and elsewhere. This can disfigure or kill you.

The case at left was a local girl who almost died from a brain abscess following a tongue piercing. She had part of her skull removed to relieve pressure caused by the infection. She can still feel the soft spot where the skull is missing.

This is rare, but it is real."

It is exceedingly rare, I think I know the back story to this but not so sure. I won't comment on it any further.

Just google tongue piercing and brain absess. I think it was one, single, unique case.

Wilburt wrote: »
    "he mouth is moist and full of bacteria, and the tongue has major blood vessels ideal for spreading infection to the brain and elsewhere. This can disfigure or kill you.

The case at left was a local girl who almost died from a brain abscess following a tongue piercing. She had part of her skull removed to relieve pressure caused by the infection. She can still feel the soft spot where the skull is missing.

This is rare, but it is real."

It is exceedingly rare, I think I know the back story to this but not so sure. I won't comment on it any further.
    its still scarey tho it put me off ....for now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You've more chance of having serious health problems from drinking or smoking... but that doesn't put most people off... why let an isolated incident put you off? How many hundreds of thousands of people have had their tongue pierced without incident?

You've more chance of having serious health problems from drinking or smoking... but that doesn't put most people off... why let an isolated incident put you off? How many hundreds of thousands of people have had their tongue pierced without incident?
    yah i suppose but yah knw when they find a disease first lyk bird flu and all dat stuff ya get paranoid its gonna happen to you lol im kinda lyk dat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

22mm left ear and 8mm right ear plugs, spidder bites! (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pluxus

i have my tongue, septum, monroe, ears x2 and both traguses done. i used to have my sternum (bit between my boobs) done but it rejected after a month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kel-D

I've got my ears, tongue and bellybutton pierced.

My tongue and bellybutton were done when I was a 16 year old rebellious teenager LOL.

Not sure if I would get anymore now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Well let's see, I guess I never got around to posting in this thread

I have an industrial in my left ear.
    4 lobe piercings, 2 are being stretched.
    3 lip piercgins.

Doubt I'll be getting anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Photoguy

1st post, i've got,
    2 in eyebrow, 2 in lip, 2 in tongue, 2 rings in top of left ear, 10mm stretch and 2 scaffold's bent in same ear, tragus & anti-tragus in other ear, 2 sub-dermal bars in back of neck, 2 nipples,
    gotta start taking them out i think tho for professional reasons..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

2 subdermal bars in your neck?? implants or are you talking about a nape piercing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Photoguy

sorry, worded that completely wrongly, always been crap with the names of piercings.
    2 nape piercings,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

May as well join in, 6 in left ear (2 lobe, 4 rim / helix), 1 in right ear (conch) and left nipple. I really need to get working on my right ear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Septum (3.2mm)
    Snakebites
    Madonna
    Monroe
    28mm Lobes
    Smiley
    Demal Anchor
    Nape

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Out: Nose, Eyebrow, Navel.

In: Lip, New Navel Piercing, New Nose Piercing, Many An Ear Piercing..

I Like Piercings I Do..

Don't Want Anymore Though..

Advertisement