Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO number

Options
  • 11-08-2007 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, does anyone know if our student numbers are our CAO numbers without the C at the start like in UCD? I need my CAO number to except a new course, and the CAO have been a pain in the neck all summer, I don't want to ring them again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

umm, why would you ring them?

CAO numbers do not have a C at the start...

They have the year, i.e., my CAO number starts with 07

most colleges will use your CAO number as your student number (some may take the year out) as they already have a file on you with this number...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dit student numbers are based on one letter and 8 digis, like this C06030922.

C - irish national
    D - foreign national

the next two digits is the year you joined DIT. eg 06 would be 2006.

the next six digits are random - i presume - as wouldn't a CAO number be longer than six digits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

The CAO number is year plus six digits...

right i'll fish out my CAO number tomorrow - still think i have it filed away somewhere - and i'll confirm if my student number is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Cremo wrote:
    C - irish national
    D - foreign national

Not true.

C = Student applied via CAO
    D = Student is a direct applicant to DIT

• Advertisement

BC wrote:
    Not true.

C = Student applied via CAO