Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIG Hickie.....Advice please!

• 11-08-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ok so i met an absolutely gorgeous girl last sunday nite ok.....and chances are ill bump into her tonight. Anywho, I was out with the lads last night and got off with this other girl and to say she chewed the neck off me is an understatement! Now I have a huge birth-mark like object on the side of my neck.

Is there anything I can do to make it look any better for later on?? Any advice would be welcome! (Apart from wearing a turtle neck/ big collar etc)

Comments

arnica cream from a chemists

don't think it'll totally sort ya out, but its a step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Apparently toothpaste is meant to be good, but tbh nothing is really going to work that well over the space of a few hours. If you have a sister or a good girl friend it might be worth asking them to see if they can cover it up with subtle concealer. If it's done properly then it won't look like you're wearing it or anything.

Otherwise just wear a scarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

arnica cream from a chemists

don't think it'll totally sort ya out, but its a step

Ok i might try that arnica gel......coupled with possibly using some of my sisters concealer. :) Normally I wouldn't be too bothered but this girl is incredible and seems like a definate keeper and I don't want to look like I was eaten alive! I'll probably end up telling her it was one of my mates or something.

Cheers for the advice.....anyone else who has hidden these successfully before??

hidden by a physical barrier only I'm afraid...

hickie's are just bruises, take a while to "heal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

scarf tbh, it's the reason why there is so many tools around dublin wearing scarves in dublin in summertime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If it's very big there's not much you can do. Time is the best medicine.
    Or make up, but it can look dodgy.
    I hear brushing with a hairbrush helps, but it never did for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right so im just home from a fairly eventful night. Lots of ppl spotted it....including herself as we were walkin home (i'm in love btw OMG she is unreal). I got some concealer off my sis earlier but it was so big and bruised i don't think it could have been concealed. I had to make up a convincing story that one of the lads bit the shi te out of me last night lol. Seem to have worked :D

Advertisement