Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network ip cam help

• 11-08-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking for some help configuring my Swann Max Ip Cam's.I am using a d-link g604t adsl router and have got a static ip from eircom.My problem is that when I type my static ip (86.xx.xx.xx)into my browser(in any combination ie 8x.xx.xx.xx/80 or /192.168.1.8) I am directed to the login page of the d-link.
    The cameras,both of which I can access locally(192.168.1.8 etc),have settings for, ip,subnetmask,gateway,http port(80),dns server(dns1 ,dns2).I have tried various combinations here but am still directed to the d link,when using the static ip within ie.
    I have tried creating a rule for 192.168.1.8 within the portforwarding and access control settings in the d link(i have ports forwarded for mediaserver ,u torrent ,which function fine so I have basic knowlege),still no luck.
    Any help would be much appreciated,previously to getting the static ip set up I tried the dyndns method(cam has field for such details) for many hours with the same result..redirected to the d link login page?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Check access from outside your network. Many consumer NAT routers are unable to route traffic originating on the LAN through the port forwarding mechanism but will work fine from the internet side.

You could use the tool at http://www.windows-expert.net/WebServerCheck/http-response-viewer.php

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

thanks,

tried it(input http://86.xx.xx.xx)into the url box but the result(blank) just hangs.Any other suggestions would be great,when I gave a friend the ip,he gets my d link browser also?

@Snowbat
    This is the response i am getting,a friend is trying it from abroad and he says the screen progresses to about 70% and doesnt timeout..just stops,do you think the line 2 below (close) has something to do with it?
    Thanks

Line 0 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Line 1 Cache-Control: no-cache
    Line 2 Connection: close
    Line 3 Server: SQ-WEBCAM
    Line 4 Content-Length: 434
    Line 5 Client-Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:37:01 GMT
    Line 6 Client-Response-Num: 1
    Line 7
    Line 8
    Line 9 <html>
    Line 10 <head>
    Line 11 <meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    Line 12 <link href="template.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    Line 13 </head>
    Line 14 <frameset border=0 framespacing=0 rows="75,1%" frameborder=0>
    Line 15 <frame name = "LOGO" target ="LOGO" src= "top.html" MARGINHEIGHT=-10 scrolling =auto noresize>
    Line 16 <frame name = "MAIN" target ="MAIN" src= "logon.html" MARGINHEIGHT=-10 scrolling =auto noresize>
    Line 17 </frameset>
    Line 18 </html>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Try a different port number for the cameras ..edit 80.. is the primary port used by the world wide web (www) system. Web servers open this port then listen for incoming connections from web browsers. Similarly, when a web browser is given a remote address it assumes that a remote web server will be listening for connections on port 80 at that location.

Thanks for your help guys,
    Turns out my mates firewall was preventing him logging into the camera!!,all ok now...just need to get the email alert function working now.It only has a field for mail server,any ideas what this should be (incoming or outgoing server?/doesnt mail use a seperate port?),theres no option for a port so i assume it uses port 80 as well?.I have a second camera so I presume i could use port 81 and create the appropriate rules for same in the router.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

Hi Folks,

I know this is old i need some help?

Advertisement