Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACER XD1150 Projector from Elara.ie €400

• 11-08-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭

First off I wouldn't have bought this were it not for the price! I looked at going up to 500 or 550 etc but in the end I was only in the market because of the €401.12 (inc VAT and del) price so I stuck with that. Comparatively speaking the value is excellent. Replacement bulbs are around €250 but I suspect I may never replace the bulb. This might not be the one for someone big into HE but I was disappointed there was no mention of it here on the forum. I ordered it on Thursday around 7pm, should get it on Tuesday. I'm posting early to review the service from Elara also. I don't have a TV nor play games so can't try that out. For me it is for watching films a couple of times a week. Knowing this would be my usage was a big factor in the choice: 1) the bulb will last longer as it will not be on for extended periods 2) I'll be using it in the evening when it's darker so brightness not as important 3) using it 2/3 time a week for 2/3 hours will hopefully give me longer life hence replacement bulb cost less of an issue. I'll post again when I've gotten it and tried it out, around Wed/Thurs next week. I'm not a techie but I'll try to answer your questions. The elara link is below and here's someone else's review in the meantime: http://garysaid.com/chapters/2006_11_30.php

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1269606

Product Description Acer XD1150 - DLP Projector
    Device Type DLP Projector
    Dimensions (WxDxH) 23 cm x 23.8 cm x 12.3 cm
    Weight 2.2 kg
    Image Brightness 1800 ANSI lumens
    Image Contrast Ratio 2200:1
    Resolution 800 x 600
    Native Aspect Ratio 4:3
    Bulb type 180 Watt
    Bulb life cycle 2000 hour(s)
    Video Input RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video ( NTSC, SECAM, PAL )
    Input Device Remote control

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Did you get it setup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well that spec is a lot higher than my first projector the Panny AE100 and its still going on its original bulb and the picture is still excellent, let me know how you get on with this my bro is on the look out for a cheap projector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Johnny Meagher

Hi, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you on this one. I haven't had much of a chance to use it yet!
    Delivery from Elara was quick and problem free. It comes with a decent carrying case also.
    No real problems with the thing, works fine! Easy set up. You might have to work with the function buttons. Pressing Fn + Fn[CRT/LCD] once gives the desktop but it flickers, press again and you get a sharp image. I have a laptop so don't know for a desktop. It says to turn on the projector before the computer but you don't have to. It has a number of settings for different usages which are good, these are sort of like what you get on TVs "Natural" "Theatre" etc. It is quite bright in full daylight and watchable. Full remote control for functions. Aspect ratio available are 4:3 and 16:9 and you can change this with the remote, it has a button for it. Very simple. I find it has to be quite a bit back to get a big image. There is an optical and a digital zoon but neither really increase the size of the screen much, I guess these are designed to achieve a "fit" with your projection area/screen. Image size really is controlled by distance from the wall/screen. It is back say 5 metres to give 100 inch image. However depending on what you are watching it can be handy to use the digital zoom (as it stays in focus) to get a bigger picture size. I am sure all that is normal enough with a projector (which I've used at work etc). There is nothing specific about this one. It's small and light. It comes with a VGA cable. It runs quiet, certainly with the volume of the film etc you can't hear it. IT DOES NOT HAVE A SPEAKER. I forgot to mention that first but of course whatever sound set up you have will still be available to you, I already have good speakers on my laptop.

I've watched a few movies with it and it's great really for that! Overall, apart from worries that its too good for the price, I highly recommend! :)

Let me know if you want pics but it's kinda pointless sending pictures of pictures!

Feel free to ask specific questions, I'll try to get back as soon as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Did you try any other source apart from the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Johnny Meagher

5h4mr0(k wrote:
    Did you try any other source apart from the PC?

No. I actually don't have any other source. I've no TV. Sorry if this isn't much use but I got it for a fairly specific reason - watching DVDs off the laptop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement