Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about maps currently on TomTom One Europe, navteq or teleatlas?

Options
  • 11-08-2007 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Are the maps for the TomTom One Europe currently on sale in Ireland navteq or teleatlas? I bought a tomtom one europe a few months ago and it came with navteq maps installed, but I heard that the TomTom One Europe now ships with teleatlas maps because they lost their contract with navteq.. TomTom even have the teleatlas map available on my TomTom Home available to download for free, but I chose not to download it as I read on these boards that the new teleatlas maps aren't as good as the the navteq map that came on it.

I know a few people who want to buy a TomTom One Europe but I think they'd be pissed if they bought one and it came with teleatlas maps, and the coverage wasn't as detailed as the navteq maps. They have a budget of e350 and they're looking for a sat nav with the best coverage of Ireland because they do a lot of driving.

Btw do you think I should upgrade from the navteq(I think it is the most recent navteq map) map to the recent teleatlas map, considering tomtom are giving it to me for free, if its crap can I just reinstall the old navteq map?

Thanks

Advertisement