Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 Insurance - water damaged phone question?

• 11-08-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Apparently my phone is water damaged and 02 can't/won't fix/replace it under warranty, it was never dropped in water the only thing I can think of is drops of rain water. I am paying e6 a month for insurance on the phone, they weren't exactly too helpful in the shop but they gave me a claim form to fill in and send away. I was just looking at the form and it says to send the damaged phone in the attached envelope, which they didn't give me. Can I pick one up in any O2 store?

Roughly how long does it take for them to replace the phone, days or weeks? I am going away for a month on Monday so obviously I won't get it before I go, so I was thinking of sending it away when I get back but if it takes weeks to process the claim I may as well send it today.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Yes you can pick up a claim form (with an envelope) in any O2 store..
    Down load form here http://www.phonecover.ie/claim/index.shtml

You could just post it your self to Phonecover, PO Box 7118, Dublin 2.

Damaged phone Claim can take about three to four days.fill in the form along with credit card details (for excess) and fax it to fonecover..(fax to 01-6767715) With a little note on the top .. original posted today with phone (or some such)..ring them Tue morn...you should have your new phone Wed..(or at least it'll be waiting for you when you get home) either way make sure to start the process before you go (30 days to process claim)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

You should probably familiarise yourself with the T&Cs of the insurance cover - it may be like the cover provided on Meteor or Vodafone phone insurance in not covering you for water damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks guys. The only possible reason I can see for water damage is a few drops of rain water and surely this is a design flaw in the phone if minimal exposure to the rain can **** the phone up. I've never had a phone become water damaged from the rain before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Did they actually say water damage or Liquid damage?..They usually cover them selves by saying liquid.. (btw.enclose the repair report with your claim)Plus IMO its not a design flaw.. one drop of water (liquid) with capillary action can spread up to a 12 inches in all directions.....This is ahat happens between your keypad and board.. Unfortunatly Liquid and electronics/electrics dont go together very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

There are several stickers inside the phone which change colour when exposed to water. If the repairer sees this sticker a different colour, he will surmise that is what has caused the breakdown. The phone may have become damp before and the sticker has changed colour and so this is not the reason for the breakdown. This could be the reason why you cannot remember getting it wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Peterpower

Beware sending your phone off to get repaired..you have been warned!!!

I had my blackberry pearl for less than a month when I got the 'data refused' error message. Because I went back after 30 days instead of 28 they wouldnt replace the phone.

I took the hit and sent it off for the two weeks. That was five weeks ago!! I happily waited my 2 weeks, only to spend the next 2 & a half wks running round in circles. Into my 5th week now and still no phone.

Latest is they told me its coming back from repair in 2 days however when I rang the repair shop today directly & they told me my phone is not repairable. The O2 shop were planning to give me a swap out phone which is just a refurbished second-hand phone!!

The O2 customer care so far have been brilliant. They rang the O2 shop today to tell them to give me a brand new replacement phone, the shop is still refusing to do it. So now I have to wait till tomorrow for customer care to ring the shop again and settle it...the pain of it all!

Anyway steer clear of the O2 experience shop in Henry street and watch out they'll try every trick in the book.

Advertisement