Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Question

Options
  • 11-08-2007 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I have a quick question re landlords registering with the PRTB.

I know that landlords who are resident in the property do not have to register with the PRTB, but what about the case where the property is subdivided into separate flats, and the landlord is resident in one of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

If it's a house that has been split into bedsits/flats then I think that they count as separate tenancies and must be registered.

Try the PTRB website www.ptrb.ie

Their contact details are on the site. I've always found them very helpful to deal with and they would be the experts on this

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need planning permission to subdivide or un-subdivide a residential property or to change use from say commercial to residential. If your household is separate from his (no shared kitchen or livingroom, etc.) then they are separate properties and I don't see why they shouldn't be registered with the PRTB.

Advertisement