Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mk VI

• 11-08-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Any idea on when VW are gona replace the current Golf?

Ive seen a couple of pics of a facelifted hatch:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gl/gallery/spy+shot/1094/3

There's also a report on www.whatcar.com on a Mk VI, saying it was to be launched at Paris this year, but has been delayed until 2008.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? Know someone looking for one, deciding whether they should wait a few months or not...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It sounds like 2008 alright.
    The old model had few problems with the electrics so the new one probably designed from the previous model, had to be re-designed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,467 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's a sypshot of a facelift from last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vw_golf_vi_ab_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,467 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's a photoshpped A3 if I remember correctly plug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,267 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MK VI due late 2008 afaik.

The current MK V is the most expensive car in it's class to produce. It also takes longer in man hours to produce than it's rivals. The MK VI will use the same platform as the MK V but will have a smaller model line up and a more simplistic suspension set up making it cheaper to produce. LHD and RHD versions will be launched quite close to each other too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,550 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    The current MK V is the most expensive car in it's class to produce. It also takes longer in man hours to produce than it's rivals. The MK VI will use the same platform as the MK V but will have a smaller model line up and a more simplistic suspension set up making it cheaper to produce. LHD and RHD versions will be launched quite close to each other too.

Yeah, very bad news. MK I and II were great. MK III was solid but a bit over weight, MK IV was obese, unreliable and overpriced, MK V is great but way to expensive to produce, so MK VI is a cheaper built MK V because VAG decided corners be cut? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,267 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Yeah, very bad news. MK I and II were great. MK III was solid but a bit over weight, MK IV was obese, unreliable and overpriced, MK V is great but way to expensive to produce, so MK VI is a cheaper built MK V because VAG decided corners be cut? :(

Yes, I don't have much time for VWs but I do appreciate that the MK V GTi and R32 are great cars. I hope they continue this with the MK VI GTi & R36 and don't cut corners in the process at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Thanks for the posts... That photoshopped A3 looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

bazz26 wrote:
    Yes, I don't have much time for VWs but I do appreciate that the MK V GTi and R32 are great cars. I hope they continue this with the MK VI GTi & R36 and don't cut corners in the process at the same time.
    I love them cars too.
    I just hope they don't make a bollox of it just like the new civic, it looks like a space ship.

Advertisement