Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling adhesive: Flexi white adhesive - where to buy in dublin

Options
  • 11-08-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I bought porcelain tiles and was told to use flexi white adhesive by the shop. Any pointers on where I could buy this in dublin?

The tile shop was going to charge approx 400 euro for enough to do 25 sq. metres, which was a similar price to the tiles, so I didn't buy it! maybe it was a fair price but I thought I'd check if it could be got cheaper.

thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

chadwicks do it, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

UCI tiles in Coolock do it as do most tile shops: it is always more expensive: just wondering why u need it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

As far as I know ,Doramics have good prices for adhesive and tiles.
    Thats where we picked up stuff the last few times, including flexible adhesive.
    Flexi adhesive is very expensive.

http://www.doramics.ie/index.htm

Don't forget about flexible grouting aswell.
    http://www.rsgroup.ie/assets/epoxy_based_grout.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gor

ircoha wrote:
    UCI tiles in Coolock do it as do most tile shops: it is always more expensive: just wondering why u need it?

the guy in the shop said I needed the white stuff instead of the regular stuff, cause the tiles were heavy, and the grey colour would look naff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I am no expert, but I would have a word with the tiler. I suspecte the guy in the shop knows very little about laying tiles.

gor wrote:
    the guy in the shop said I needed the white stuff instead of the regular stuff, cause the tiles were heavy, and the grey colour would look naff.

the adhesive, grey or white will not be seen, only the grout will be seen so I think, as pointed out by antoinolachtnai he knows not a lot about it.

The other option is to buy some adflex which does the same thing fro both grout and adhesive.

However, if doing it your self I found that it vastly reduced the curing time so the stuff will go off 'rapid'

The best thing of all ,is to ignore any bell ends that claim to be something their not.

You know what I mean.:)

_Brian_ wrote:
    The best thing of all ,is to ignore any bell ends that claim to be something their not.

You know what I mean.:)

As I dont know what a bell end is, are u referring to the people on the forum here who are trying to help the OP?

ircoha wrote:
    As I dont know what a bell end is, are u referring to the people on the forum here who are trying to help the OP?

Sorry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well i did tilling my bathroom and used flexi 49euro from b&q but week later three tiles start moving and grout start coming out i m no fan of these expensive products.

Floors should always be sheeted with a light ply and screwed down well.
    I don't think flexi adhesive is for anything other than ,large chipboard floor areas and large floor areas with movement (i.e old georgian house ,soft timbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

_Brian_ wrote:
    Floors should always be sheeted with a light ply and screwed down well.
    I don't think flexi adhesive is for anything other than ,large chipboard floor areas and large floor areas with movement (i.e old georgian house ,soft timbers).

Flexi should also be used when going on top of old tiles.

oleras wrote:
    Flexi should also be used when going on top of old tiles.

Didn't know that ,I don't tile myself . I install bathrooms and get them ready for the tiler we use.
    I thought it was bad practice to tile over tiles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

_Brian_ wrote:
    I thought it was bad practice to tile over tiles ?

but is sooooooooo much easier.........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well i used hardboard and in my {(4.6" x 5")-shower tray area} bathroom i used about 150 screw to fix board on floor but now one tile is moving so much that i m afraid it gonna crack and can coz water leak to floor. may best for me to remove it and replace it. still tills on wood i dont want to comments on it very hard work (150 screws)

Advertisement