Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Messages: Viewing Options

Options
  • 11-08-2007 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

This is only a small thing but would make things easier for people who use pm alot. Would it be possible (no idea about the system Boards uses) to have it so you could view all PMs by user name? Or be able to search PMs?

Maybe there is a way to to it that I just dont know about?

And now for the Fight The Powah way of asking:

Why can't I view my Pms the way I want to? Its fucking stupid! You can do it on all the other forums I use and they are much bigger with more users! I pay to use Boards so I demand this basic service!! Its all the Mods fault, they just dont want to have this in place because they are power trippers!! If I don't get satisfaction I'm gonna ring Joe Duffy!!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Use the pm exporter which you can view when you are in you pm box scroll down to the end of the page and pick your option.

I usually export them to a text file which can be easily searched.
    This does also mean you can empty your sent and in boxes when they become to full have have an archive of the pms sent and received on your pc or saved to a g mail account or like what evar.

Lemming hacked together that fifty bit of code.

OTHER ANSWER:

What type of a gormless fúcktard are you that scrolling down to the bottom of the page in which yoru inbox is located is too much effort. If you don't like it around here go and sign up on somethingawful forums, they will be waiting for you. Just because you are a beardy bollix does not mean your da is Joe Duffy no matter what yore ma says. Yeah yeah looking forward to mod tripping all over you at the beers as you will be made crawl along the floor like the worthless wretch you are trying to lick the traces of cocaine and hooker sweat off the floor.

:) See you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I used that before but it only did the PMs on that page (if you get what I mean) where I might have a dozen pages of PMs.

OTHER ANSWER:

I can ask anything I like here, have you never heard of Freedom of Speech? Why should I have to scroll down - I pay your wages! Anyway I why didnt I get instructions about this hack when I joined!

See ya later ;)

If you select the pms on a page it will only do those if you don't select any of them it will do them all.

I only recently archived my pm and it did the 900 or so in both outbox and inbox in one fell swoop.

OTHER ANSWER:

Wages what wages, we mod ban people for the thrill it gives us straight to our gonads, oh yeah nothing like that personal usb interface with the software link to the mod console. Hmmmmm, ahhhhhhh ergggggghhh oh god oh god Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ah.

Clearly your wrist it too sore from all the **** to be able to scroll down to see the functions on the page, never mind your impared eye sight from **** and being an inbred fúcktard, funny how your uncle has the same beard as you bet yore ma reckons you and your father/uncle have the same orgasm face as well.

Yeah freedom of speach my arse , freedom to be abused more like.

There is not 'pack' to explain how this site works either you are smart enough to figure it out or you will thick enough to start a stroppy thread and get banned that is how we sort out the posters around here; ye either sink or swim or fail around for the rest of us to laugh at.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

6th wrote:
    I used that before but it only did the PMs on that page (if you get what I mean) where I might have a dozen pages of PMs.
    Jeez, man. We geddit.... YOURE POPULAR.:D

I dont get enough pms to worry about things like this.:(

I hope the Jekyll/Hyde posting catches on. Tis like the thunderdome in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I knw that was possible, but completely forgot about it.

Thanks for the gmail idea, Thaedydal. I'm constantly losing text files due to incompetence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cheers Thaedydal, that worked a treat.

OTHER ANSWER:

Well I can see I am getting nowhere here so I guess I'll take my business elsewhere ... its off to Thumped for me and my subscription money!

Your welcome, isn't Lemming wonderful :)

OTHER ANSWER

Goodbye now, Muahahahahahaha right off to collect my bonus for getting another user to strop off and leave.

Advertisement