Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlocking Service

• 11-08-2007 6:51pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know of any shop in town that will unlock a Nokia? It cant be unlocked via a code, only cable. Its not an Irish phone either so I cant ask the provider for an unlock code.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That shop where the reef use to be, up from the apple market.. Ugh whats it called :mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Funk it or Funked or something like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Have a look at the nokia website they might have something........Try Funk It or the 3G shop......Its not a brand new phone is it?......coul be problems if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Junior wrote:
    Funk it or Funked or something like that...

Thanks, that was really bugging me

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nah its a basic phone, old enough id imagine. Just newely bought. Funk It I know, wasnt sure if they did it. Cheers lads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 (¯`·.Drago.·´¯)

Yep just ask in funk it

Between 20 - 30 I believe they charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Sully wrote:
    Hey,

Does anyone know of any shop in town that will unlock a Nokia? It cant be unlocked via a code, only cable. Its not an Irish phone either so I cant ask the provider for an unlock code.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Freddie: My phone is Asic11, so it needs another method. I would normally do those myself or ask on Boards but not for these types of phone!

Cheers tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

There's another shop across the street from Funk It if they can't unlock it for you. Not sure if it's directly across from them but it's on the opposite side of that street. It's upstairs from one of the other shops but there should be a sandwich board outside. I had a Nokia phone unlocked there last year - only took a few minutes - as Funk It would have had to send the phone off to one of their other shops. Think it was 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Saw a place opposite Sam McCauley Chemist has a sign out saying they unlock phones.Might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Where exactly is that funk it shop in Dublin ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

gqma0 wrote: »
    Where exactly is that funk it shop in Dublin ?

Who mentioned anything about Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi guys,
    Is it possible to unlock a nokia 6234 other than going through the service provider?
    Selig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

another long lost thread rears its head from obscureity.

on topic ........... i dont know

You can possibly use any of the sources mentioned in this thread or alternatively post your request in the Mobile Phone Unlocking Thread in Mobiles/PDAs.

As this topic is possibly unrelated to Waterford and is an old topic I am going to close it. :)

Topic Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement