Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cat d

Options
  • 11-08-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

if applying for a cat d test do you have to have a d1 first or conversly does completing a d test entitle you to a d1 aswell?

i think i got that the right way round(d being large buses/coaches and d1 being smaller ones)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kadeshh wrote:
    if applying for a cat d test do you have to have a d1 first or conversly does completing a d test entitle you to a d1 aswell?

i think i got that the right way round(d being large buses/coaches and d1 being smaller ones)
    Yes, you can go straight to D and get D1 with it provided you have a category B and are over 21 years of age.

A lot of people don't know this and waste their time doing the minibus one and then the coach. The D test is handy enough. I got it first time with 4 or 5 lessons. Do it in a manual and then you won't have a restricted licence (unlike most of the Bus Eireann/Dublin Bus drivers).

Advertisement