Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can anyone ID this 1970s rock tune?

• 11-08-2007 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Its may even be two tracks edited seamlessly together, not sure. I taped it/them off Radio Caroline back when it had a sneaky Waterford FM feed (love to know who was doing the relaying). Happy days.

I've encoded 10 mins of audio so its a 2mb file :)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7108ea/

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't suppose you can host it somewhere else, Mike? That site demanded I opened the link in Explorer (I use Firefox) and then wanted me to install some kind of exe, which seems extremely fecking dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yep, the first few words of the song say who it is :p

It's Caravan, its the first song off "For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night" called "Memory lain, Hugh / Headloss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Karl refresh this page (doh you already have!) I changed the host when I saw that trick!

Mike.

Don't suppose you can host it somewhere else, Mike? That site demanded I opened the link in Explorer (I use Firefox) and then wanted me to install some kind of exe, which seems extremely fecking dodgy.

Thats weird, it didn't do that for me, and I'm using firefox :confused:

DT Jesus thankyou, I've spent the last few years wondering if it was one of a clutch of UK prog/rockers which included Caravan. :) Others I considered included Camel, Wishbone Ash, Gentle Giant, Man, Ten Years After etc etc!

Mike.

• Advertisement

No problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

mike65 wrote:
    Karl refresh this page (doh you already have!) I changed the host when I saw that trick!

Mike.

Ah right, got it now.

No, can't say I know it, but it seems D.T. Jesus got it already, so no worries. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    Others I considered included Camel, Wishbone Ash, Gentle Giant, Man, Ten Years After etc etc!

Mike.
    Ah, recognition! :D

Just a bump to say I ordered a copy of Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night off amazon and got it today, its on its second play turned up to 11! ;)

It rocks far harder than the name Caravan suggests though as was the fashion back then the loud stuff is levened with semi-acoustic intervals. Very nice esp with the 5 extra tracks of unreleased material which contain some delightful extended instrumental workouts, its rock as it used to be.

/off to check some more titles. :)

Mike.

Advertisement