Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eiretyres

Options
  • 11-08-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting a set of wheels without tyres. the wheel is 7&1/2", I suppose the 255's I have won't fit? What would be the correct size for these wheels- 225/235?

I've been looking at eiretyres for a new set and they seem reasonable enough but most of them are Summer and Winter tyres. Does it matter in our climate which ones I get?

Are Falken any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cantdecide wrote:
    I'm getting a set of wheels without tyres. the wheel is 7&1/2", I suppose the 255's I have won't fit? What would be the correct size for these wheels- 225/235?

I've been looking at eiretyres for a new set and they seem reasonable enough but most of them are Summer and Winter tyres. Does it matter in our climate which ones I get?

Are Falken any good?

Afaik winter tyres are not suited to our climate but I am open to correction.

I had Falken tyres before and found them ok but nothing outstanding about them. I currently have Toyo Proxes T1-Rs and find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've had Toyos and they're pretty good alright

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kumho-225-40-18-ZR-712-Tyres-Pair-of-brand-new-Tyres_W0QQitemZ330154158201QQihZ014QQcategoryZ9891QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what i mean to ask is- are these any good because they seem to be an absolute bargain. I've always been of the impression that kumho were not a budget brand. Should I avoid these?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik winter tyres are not suited to our climate but I am open to correction.

Yeah your correct the winter tyres have the metal studs embedded in them for grip on icy roads ie scandanavia

any opinion on the kumhos?

• Advertisement
Advertisement