Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing Weight With nuts?

• 11-08-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Does anyone know which variety of nuts are best suited to aiding weight loss?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I guess that depends on your general diet. If you're thinking of an Atkins-type high-protein approach then macadamias are probably what you're looking for - outrageously high in fat and protein.

If you're more into a more conventional fat-reduction type diet then I'm afraid I really wouldn't know, but all nuts are relatively high in fat so probably aren't the best food for you to be eating in large quantities if that's your method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Brazil and Walnuts are supposed to be good for you, for that type o thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nuts are healthy in moderation. Never heard them ever recommended for aiding weight/fat loss. They are very high in calories, and about 50% fat. This is "good fat", but still very high in calories.

They're part of a healthy diet since they contain good oils and so on, but not specifically weight loss... though a snack recommended is walnuts, try those I guess

Advertisement