Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Providers Poll [Aug-Nov 07]

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 I Louis

Rorser wrote: »
    Have you any idea what the core of the problem is?
    Well, any random time usually between 6.30-7.20 pm people playing runescape with NTL and their ISP will be crippled by disconnections and client dropping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Marlow wrote: »
    Depends on the quality of your copper and your ping times. The 7.2 meg packages are pure nonsense for gaming. They have a gamer package, but then again, if your line/copper is bad, that won't help you

/Martin

I used to have 2meg BT. They were excellent for gaming. not once did the connection drop off. you don't need 7.2 megs. 2 will work. I move home now So i'm looking into chorus 10megs as BT were very ecpensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

UTV 1Mb is working really well for me at the moment, no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

barnicles wrote: »
    Is there going to be another poll?

+1. I'm looking to get broadband in and a more up-to-date poll would be a big help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Dear Admins,

Could we have a new poll please? This one is getting a bit old and irrelevant... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dossier

+1. I'm looking to get broadband in and a more up-to-date poll would be a big help.

Yeah me too, updated info would be handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

In for new pole, this isn't even worth a sticky now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

New poll please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Im looking at getting 10mb chorus, the price is like €32, can anyone advise, are they worth getting?

Im on eircom now and at the end of my rope with them.

edot : actually turns out i cant get where I am. crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

I have O2 and am happy
    A new poll would be great. Considering getting UPC (NTL/CHORUS) and have heard a few horror stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mr_THC

I've had an NTL/Chorus 20Mb broadband for a year (in Terenure, D6W) and was totaly happy with their service. Most of the time i had around 19Meg download and ~1.4 Meg upload speeds. Unfortunately i've moved house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Great poll - just found this while looking for info.
    Have eircom and have had enough with their customer service, just wanted to reduce my bill as things are tight. Its been 3 weeks and several calls, getting different info each time all incorrect it turns out and I still don't have what I want. Was satisfied with the 1mb bb but call costs and package options not good.
    Options are limited here and looking at this poll think I'll give BT a try.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

I would urge anyone considering Vodafone mobile broadband to walk away. After a poor start (when I should have sent it back initialy rather than listen to their explanations) with 3G being available 20% of the time despite my town showing in their map as able to receive it, I never saw 3G again and was stuck with an average of 10-20kbps for last two months - half the speed of dial up. Phoned and Vodafone guy admitted I did not have access to 3G where I was and agreed to get a manager to call me, he never called.

First mail I sent throught their customer "care" web page stating I wanted to cancel contract saw them instructing me to pay €50 to change to pay as you go and just not use it!

Then sent mail instructing I wanted contract cancelled quoting both Sale of Goods and Services Act and Consumer protection Act - no reply. Letter to their customer care address - no reply. Letter to their "Escalation of a dispute" address - no reply. Direct debit is now cancelled to get their attention and a letter has been fired off to the Telecomms Regulator - Comreg.

Never in all my years when I have had the need to contact a retailer about a fault or issue have I not had any sort of response. Astounding. Stay clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 danoxx1

nice results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Kobayashi wrote: »
    I would urge anyone considering Vodafone mobile broadband to walk away. After a poor start (when I should have sent it back initialy rather than listen to their explanations) with 3G being available 20% of the time despite my town showing in their map as able to receive it, I never saw 3G again and was stuck with an average of 10-20kbps for last two months - half the speed of dial up. Phoned and Vodafone guy admitted I did not have access to 3G where I was and agreed to get a manager to call me, he never called.

First mail I sent throught their customer "care" web page stating I wanted to cancel contract saw them instructing me to pay €50 to change to pay as you go and just not use it!

Then sent mail instructing I wanted contract cancelled quoting both Sale of Goods and Services Act and Consumer protection Act - no reply. Letter to their customer care address - no reply. Letter to their "Escalation of a dispute" address - no reply. Direct debit is now cancelled to get their attention and a letter has been fired off to the Telecomms Regulator - Comreg.

Never in all my years when I have had the need to contact a retailer about a fault or issue have I not had any sort of response. Astounding. Stay clear.

My dad recently made the switch from 3 to vodafone, biggest mistake he ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

danoxx1 wrote: »
    nice results

yea, from 3 years ago and its still stickied! A new one should be done and this deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Can we get a new poll thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

This thread is past it's sell by date. We can't even vote and it's still stickied?? There should be a new poll every year. We should also be given the option to vote more than once to vote for service providers that we've used in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Reopen, recreate, or unstick please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AlanC27

any1 know which download sites part from pirate bay eircom have blocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

AlanC27 wrote: »
    any1 know which download sites part from pirate bay eircom have blocked

They have blocked alot of sites mp3 sites video sharing etc..
    illegal downloads can be dangerous as most are infected with viruses so in a way eircom are doing people a favour but for people who use legit downloads and sites are blocked which is not right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jetch

I use Wireless Connect in Tipp and its very fast!

http://wirelessconnect.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement