Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break the parents for a dragon?!

Options
  • 11-08-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Im trying to convince my parents to let me get a bearded dragon, but theyre saying 'no no more pets in this house' and 'wait till you get your own place' etc etc.
    Any ideas how to convince them? And if anyone has any basic info on them so I can show them how id be looking after it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The main thing is to make sure you can afford the housing yourself for the dragon and also be able to afford the vet care bills that may crop up. With many parents it's the idea of more food and vet care bills and hassle that puts them off and to be fair if they aren't interested in that kind of pet they may not be willing for example to care for it if you for instance have to go away for a weekend.
    In my experience (from many a year ago) even if they do give in when it comes to needing someone to take over the care of the animal for whatever reason it might prove difficult. You would also have to make sure you have an exotics vet near by. Best to buy a few books on the critters so you can show your parents pictures and info on their care etc.
    If the parents are really firm about it I would leave it a while longer to be honest. There is plenty of time for you to get another pet and,not sure how old you are, but when you get your own place you can dedicate a whole spare room to them.

Advertisement