Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

file storage where you can link to files

• 11-08-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

is there any free file storage sites where you can store any type of file eg a kml in this case and access it directly...?

so I wanted to store a kml to use in google api map on my blog, so I went to putfile but it doesn't allow that type of file then I google a bit and got a place called esnip which accepted the upload but doesn't show a proper direct url for the kml file, it allows you to download it but not link to the file. I want to use the url in a bit javascript to use a mymap kml file in google onsite api.

is there any free places that do that or should i get some crappy free website and just ftp it up there and use that url?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

free webspace is the easiest option.
    they will limit traffic to a few megs a day so not much use if your blog is popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

so I wanted to store a kml to use in google api map on my blog, so I went to putfile but it doesn't allow that type of file
    What is prohibiting the kml file? The blog software? Your host?
    If it's the host then you'd have to ask them to permit it.
    If it's the blog software, maybe you could hack if to allow kml files.

Advertisement