Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going out shoes(male)

• 11-08-2007 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Im looking for new shoes for when I go out clubbing(sounds weird saying that) im looking for something like vans. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Oh i think those vintage vans would be nice, i'll try find a pic of what im talking about now..

Edit:
    Found them! I love these ones:
    6bw2bg9.jpg

They look really nice with jeans!:
    4pe7hqs.jpg

but these are prob the style you were thinking of?:
    53pamiu.jpg

They are both rad! Go for a pair, they are fairly cheap too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

If ya like vans, just get a pair!! not the colours I have though! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

SaxoDuff wrote:
    If ya like vans, just get a pair!! not the colours I have though! :P
    FFS you have vans!! Now I dont want them :D

Just joking, I really love your style T.Duff and copy everything you do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Vans all the way or Converse Chuck Taylors....both look fab peeping out from under jeans :D

I got my Vans in Glasgow in February and I swear, have basically worn them everyday since (except in nice weather when i've got the trusty Crocs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

If you mean ones like the first picture Buttons_sb posted then i recommend Etnies, if you mean like the second picture then I think you should stick with vans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Oh i think those vintage vans would be nice, i'll try find a pic of what im talking about now..

Edit:
    Found them! I love these ones:
    6bw2bg9.jpg

They look really nice with jeans!:
    4pe7hqs.jpg

but these are prob the style you were thinking of?:
    53pamiu.jpg

They are both rad! Go for a pair, they are fairly cheap too!

oh my food god, i must be getting old because they're manky!!!

are drain pipe jeans back in now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah they are...except now they're called skinny jeans :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

would you seriously get into clubs with vans on?

and converse only look good when they are worn in, nothing worse than a shiny pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My friend was wearing vans the other weekend when we went out, we were a bit dubious about whether he'd get in with them on, but sure they were black and it was night so it was dark so they weren't too noticable.

i'd imagine the first pair might be alright, don't know about the checkered ones though.

ahh sure they're better than scoby nike air max with tracksuits tucked into the socks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Cons! That's what I wear and get in no prob, one of my mates has those vans and never gets refused.

Generally it's if they're really white shoes is where you'll have problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've gotten in most places with either my Adio's, DC's, Vans and Adidas. Runners are only a part, you'll only have troubles if you look like a scumbag in runners.

Where would I get them in Dublin? or if Mr.SaxoDuff knows anywhere in Dundalk :D

Schuh would be a good bet for the Vans. There's one on O'Connell street I think there's another in the Jervis St. shopping center.

Aye ya can get vans in schuh on O'connell st. as said or in the one upstairs in the Jervis centre. I got got both my pairs in Office on Henry st. Here in town ya can get vans in outdoor extreme and converse in bredan reids! Jeez eamo you'd be F'd in the A without me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Vans are grand just don't wear any sort of pointed toe shoes.

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Aye ya can get vans in schuh on O'connell st. as said or in the one upstairs in the Jervis centre. I got got both my pairs in Office on Henry st. Here in town ya can get vans in outdoor extreme and converse in bredan reids! Jeez eamo you'd be F'd in the A without me!:D

Oh yea I know Taidgh I would be fúcked without you. :D

As I said on the SIT forum "you are my heroe" :D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I think DC look nicer then Vans.
    Skate city in temple bar have nice shoes, tho Footlocker is great for vans.

out of all skate shoes dc's and osiris look the worst imo.

it goes for me anyways dvs > lakai > etinies >= vans :D

dc's and osiris' just look too damn clunky and wouldn't look well on someone going out.

eamoss wrote:
    Oh yea I know Taidgh I would be fúcked without you. :D

As I said on the SIT forum "you are my heroe" :D:D:p

i . :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Like everyone else said really, Schuh or Office, Tribe have pretty cool ones aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

dubesbd5.jpg

The best choice by far, you wont get in anywhere worth going to in skate shoes. Dubes are as comfy as runners and wont be refused anywhere!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

roffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

These Paul Smith ones are nice imo:

s6xd-3348-sfg-b-detailc-11767.jpg
    s6xd-3348-sfg-b-detaila-11765.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

theyre ugly

Garret wrote:
    theyre ugly
    Sorry, I should have asked your opinion of them before posting.:rolleyes:

nicer looking than dubes, but even then i'd prefer a pair of pubes over both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

These Paul Smith ones are nice imo:

s6xd-3348-sfg-b-detailc-11767.jpg
    s6xd-3348-sfg-b-detaila-11765.jpg

Sweet.

Why so touchy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Blut wrote:
    dubesbd5.jpg

The best choice by far, you wont get in anywhere worth going to in skate shoes. Dubes are as comfy as runners and wont be refused anywhere!

rofl, they are the worst things ever. They go with nothing, and everyone who doesnt wear them instantly thinks you are 100% pure gimp. What boggles my mind is that some people wear them with tracksuit bottoms..

Seriously, what are you thinking even looking at them.

I sincerely apologise if you took offence, but my god, dont ever EVER advise ANYONE to buy a pair of dubs, unless you want them to get slagged off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Why so touchy?
    Why so ugly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

no, but you should have asked my opinion before buying them

seriously like

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Dubes are the best u can buy.

But i suppose u could buy something else and look like a scobe if thats the look you are going for....

electric69 wrote:

But i suppose u could buy something else and look like a scobe if thats the look you are going for....
    Dubes are for the little rich kid wannabes. You can wear normal runners and not look like a "scobe". At the end of the day it's all down to personal taste and the OP seems like Vans, so why propose something that's a completely different style?

• Advertisement

Blut wrote:
    dubesbd5.jpg

Dude are you insane?? or just hold a postal code of D4?
    Dubes are the most ridiculous looking things I’ve ever seen.
    You wouldn’t get into any club wearing dubes, the doormen are instantly going to think “complete tosser!”

And I’ve never been refused anywhere wearing skate shoes.

Anyways, back on topic, I'd recommend these, I just got a pair in black.

3405114650_exlg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

When I read the title I really didn't think I'd see Vans in here! (I'm gonna ignore the dubes thing cos if anyone seriously thinks they look good they are insane.)

Vans are cool and REALLY comfy but if you're a guy going out I'd recommend Timberland shoes. Probably not your style but they're really comfy and look the best for going out by far.

When I read the title I really didn't think I'd see Vans in here! (I'm gonna ignore the dubes thing cos if anyone seriously thinks they look good they are insane.)

Vans are cool and REALLY comfy but if you're a guy going out I'd recommend Timberland shoes. Probably not your style but they're really comfy and look the best for going out by far.

Second Timberland, they have some nice ones in foot locker on o'connell street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

electric69 wrote:

'scobe'. My god, you REAK of d4 and ruggers. They are terrible. Only guffs and idiots wear dubes, everyone else with a bit of style wouldnt go near them.

The bottom line is, and its blatent from this thread, that if you dont own dubes you think they look retarded. And its always the same looking people who wear them and look down on everyone else for not wearing them. Its funny watching you walk around in them trying to act all normal n stuff.

Timberlands are nice, a bit over priced and i rekon the range has kind of gone a bit arseways the last few years. Vans are cool, but its converse all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

red_ice wrote:
    The bottom line is, and its blatent from this thread, that if you dont own dubes you think they look retarded. And its always the same looking people who wear them and look down on everyone else for not wearing
    You mean the blue Ralph Lauren shirt and the pink/lemon/red Tommy Hilfiger jumper over their shoulders:D

• Advertisement

OH MY GOD!!Eamo!! you would loike look sooo hott in a pair of dubes!! so loike ill go with you to get a pair roysh?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ah eamo!!!get red and white vans and balck and white vans there the best!!!
    and i swear taidgh doesnt have them colours at all ;););)!!hehe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This week(month/year) i shall be mostly wearing cowboy boots. They're awesome.

Dude are you insane?? or just hold a postal code of D4?
    Dubes are the most ridiculous looking things I’ve ever seen.
    You wouldn’t get into any club wearing dubes, the doormen are instantly going to think “complete tosser!”

And I’ve never been refused anywhere wearing skate shoes.

Anyways, back on topic, I'd recommend these, I just got a pair in black.

3405114650_exlg.jpg
    I've been wearing deck-shoes (similar to dubes) for 6 years and I've never had any problems.

Personally, I think skate shoes look ridiculous, but then I realise people have different tastes and one's footware doesn't define who they are and how intelligent they are. Additionally, I can't stand converse-style runners.
    red_ice wrote:
    rofl, they are the worst things ever. They go with nothing, and everyone who doesnt wear them instantly thinks you are 100% pure gimp. What boggles my mind is that some people wear them with tracksuit bottoms..

Seriously, what are you thinking even looking at them.

I sincerely apologise if you took offence, but my god, dont ever EVER advise ANYONE to buy a pair of dubs, unless you want them to get slagged off.
    Chip on the shoulder Mark?
    Why so ugly?
    Sorry, didn't notice your location... I'd be narky too.

I actually picked up a lovely pair of brown leather Timberlands in New York last year. Great shoes!

Sorry, didn't notice your location... I'd be narky too.
    Relevance, intelligence and humour just permeates that reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

timberlands with jeans and dubes with cargoes. I ****in love dubes there so handy and yes i do have 2 pairs (brown and navy) and no i do not give a **** that other people dont like them as i do.

Edit: totally depends on where your from, what club your going to (ie. rios,92 then dubes. if i was goin to redz or somewhere like that id wear timberlands)

maxi-twist wrote:
    timberlands with jeans and dubes with cargoes. I ****in love dubes there so handy and yes i do have 2 pairs (brown and navy) and no i do not give a **** that other people dont like them as i do.

Edit: totally depends on where your from, what club your going to (ie. rios,92 then dubes. if i was goin to redz or somewhere like that id wear timberlands)

Why would you wanna go to redz though?

Not a big fan of timberlands personally. Too chunky.
    Relevance, intelligence and humour just permeates that reply.
    That's a bit rich, coming from you.

That's a bit rich, coming from you.
    And again. You are the guru of that genre of reply, felicitations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement