Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time Renting query!!

Options
  • 11-08-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am new to the renting scene. For work reasons I am going to have to move to Cork in September. Now i think I would like to rent first for a year and then see how it goes. What I am wondering is, I would like to rent my own house for while, if after a few months I want to get roommates into the house, how does this work, do I have to tell the landlord or does he have to arrange tennants??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

If there's a contract involved then there's a good chance that there'll be a clause about sub-letting..

I'd imagine the owner of the house will want the final say who/how many goes in - otherwise the house could turn into a hostel with 15-20 in each room..

Advertisement