Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lotus on N7

Options
  • 12-08-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Saw this being driven (pretty fast at times) southbound on the N7 today...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i see ........ :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Illegal plate (or is it a trade plate?)

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

looks like it had garage plates to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

garage plates from linders in chapelizod, they're lotus dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

anyone else notice that a load of the LED's are blown?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I thought that garage plates used the same system as normal plates, i.e. that 541-D-07 would be the same as 07-D-541, which according to cartell.ie is a prius!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I think the Garage plate refers to an insurance policy or garage ref no. or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's a better one - a Lotus Exige S Sports - also spotted on the N7 yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

*drools

One day it will be mine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

*drools

One day it will be mine.....
    NO! ! ! I want it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Think I saw that 1st one yesterday at the Pheonix park races. The Elise with the yellow stripes looks a bit tacky.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kbannon wrote:
    I thought that garage plates used the same system as normal plates, i.e. that 541-D-07 would be the same as 07-D-541, which according to cartell.ie is a prius!

Not the case afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kbannon wrote:
    Trade plates are transferable between vehicles but expire annually AFAIK. (It's unusual to see them fixed - they are usually placed inside the windscreen/back window).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

has anyone else noticed that theres a shed load of Lotuses about Dblin these days. I honest to god see a different one every week when I'm driving about and I only do an average 150m a week so not covering big distances or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Trampas

I hope the OP wasn't driving the car ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

I hope he's not a serial killer, Al Qaeda member, or heroin trafficker either.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

kbannon wrote:

They are pre-made in the tax office, you apply for them annually, all you need is a council rate cert and a garage insurance policy. The first number is the serial, the middle is for the county and the last number is the year, technically they're not supposed to be permanently fixed to the car (they supply 2 suction cups with the plates to be stuck to the windows) but a lot of dealers use clip-on plate surrounds and just clip the trade plates into these.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thought is was illegal to use trade plates on a Sunday?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kbannon wrote:

No i think it uses different number system not the same as 07 d 123

• Advertisement
Advertisement