Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga

• 12-08-2007 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

I think the top 4 will look like this

1st- Valencia
    Important player: Obviously David Villa.
    2nd-Barcelona
    Important player: Iniesta.
    3rd-Real Madrid
    Important player: Casilias.
    4th-Ath. Madrid
    Important player: Diego Forlan, better goalscorer than Torres? I think so.

Ath. Madrid really could do better than 4th in my opinion, especailly if they can get Riquelme(it would be a good move). I would not be suprised to see them win the league. Forlan, Simao, Raul Garcia, Reyes, Luis Garcia these are top players.

Also with Sevilla and Real Zaragoza perhaps challenging it promises to be a great season. I think Sevilla could struggle with the champions league, but having said that they have been brilliant for the last two seasons despite the distraction of the Uefa Cup.

In terms of relegation Bilbao will struggle again, Getafe without Schuster(SP?) might be down there, newcomers Almeria, and Levante who I really dislike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Athletico are ****ed they sold 4 of their best players, can see this being another possible relegation battle for them.

1.Sevilla have strengthened Alves going is no loss Adriano a better right back and Duda a better RWF.
    2.Barca henry ronnie and Etoo and Messi :eek:
    3. Valencia havent sold and got decent players in.
    4 Real new manager gonna **** them up and losing beckham :eek: mad that :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Really looking forward to the start of the best and most exciting league in the world. And no Beckham. :cool:

Two horse race between Sevilla and Barca.

Zebra3 wrote:
    . And no Beckham. :cool:

if it wasnt for him real wouldnt have won the league, sad but true.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I really hope Romy does not re-join Boca Juniors. Boca would be a team I would support if I could watch their games, but I can't so I want to see him play throughout the season.

I really hope Romy does not re-join Boca Juniors. Boca would be a team I would support if I could watch their games, but I can't so I want to see him play throughout the season.

You can with http://rojadirecta.com/ and http://www.myp2p.eu/ just the ungodly hours that puts me off.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Il mi Dio!!! Thanks KdjaCL. How does it work for live matches? Like if a Boca game is on at two am, will the match be there from 2 am?

KdjaCL wrote:
    if it wasnt for him real wouldnt have won the league, sad but true.

Merely referring to the improvement in SS's coverage with him no longer at Madrid. :)

Zebra3 wrote:
    Merely referring to the improvement in SS's coverage with him no longer at Madrid. :)

Yeah thats working out great isnt it, tonights game wasnt on because of that fact. Bloody Shels fans always have to be bitter..... tut tut

kdjac

Il mi Dio!!! Thanks KdjaCL. How does it work for live matches? Like if a Boca game is on at two am, will the match be there from 2 am?

install whatever program you need and click the link just beofre the game starts.

Myp2p has guides for all the programs, roja is in spanish.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Very, very tight league. I`d stick money on Valencia myself, as they were very unlucky with injuries last year. On paper Barca are by far the strongest, but that was also true last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I dont know.... write Real Madrid off at your peril....

They are still a strong side and I think they can only get better. Barca are looking good in the pre-season. Ronaldinho is looking refreshed and is happy with his game again and they have probably the most feared strikeforce in the world with Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi and Eto'o!!!!!

I can see Atletico Madrid gaining some ground. Some nice additions to the squad and of course Valencia are always pushing.

I haven't heard much transfer activity about Zargoza, but they were a very good side last year. Look out the for them pushing the top 4.

For me I think it will be:

1. Barca
    2. Real
    3. Valencia
    4. Zaragoza

I know is all airy-fairy at this stage, but I think Barca are going to do it this year...

Another new manager at RM equals another implosion. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Zaragoza lost 2 of their best players in Pique and Milito, so I wouldn't be putting any money on them. I'd like to see Valencia do well and they should as long as they stay injury free, though how will the loss of Ayala effect them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If you ask me, it's a one horse race this season. Barcelona to easily win La Liga.

People seem to forget that Barcelona had a tough time with injuries last season. Look at the quality of players they've brought in. Henry, Abidal, Militio, Toure, all quality players. Also, it was clear that there was lots of in-camp squabbling at the Nou Camp. Now that Rijkaard's position is solidified I expect a hungrier Barcelona to really push for the title this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Madrid to win it, Barcelona to collapse amid infighting. Again. Atlético definitely the value bet on the handicap, and Zaragoza will again be top 6. Athletic Bilbao will "struggle", but they'll be struggling to break into the top 10, not struggling to stay up. Their home form will return, and that will be enough. They'll lose most of the away games though. Valladolid will go straight back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

To those writing off Sevilla for the title this season...

Real Madrid 3 Sevilla 5

Spanish Super Cup goals from the Bernabeu last night can be seen here

http://www.dailysoccerblog.net/video/August/19august07madridvssevilla.html

Haven't watched them yet but Kanoute scored a hat-trick!

Schuster feeling the heat already...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=455011&cc=5739

Bring back Capello!

These games mean nothing. When Liverpool beat Chelsea in last season's Sheild, it had little or no impact, and United's win over Chelsea a few weeks back is now a distant memory.

Last night's result has lengthened Madrid's price in the betting, and I'll definitely be reinvesting.

Bateman wrote:
    These games mean nothing. When Liverpool beat Chelsea in last season's Sheild, it had little or no impact, and United's win over Chelsea a few weeks back is now a distant memory.

Scoring 5 in the bernbeu is something, screamer for Drenthe but if Sevilla keep ramos i think they will win the league.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Scoring 5 in the bernbeu is something, screamer for Drenthe but if Sevilla keep ramos i think they will win the league.

kdjac

Whatever about the manager, Alves is the key, if they keep him they have a chance, but much more importantly, without them they won't have a chance, and it looks like they're going to be without him.

i think they a better team without him, the sooner they get rid of him the better whether its Real or Chelsea its irrelevant the guy is a liability and in a team that works from the back its something they can do without.

kdjac

• Advertisement

He's one of the finest footballers on the planet at the moment, only his attitude is a liability to them.

Sevilla play attacking football, definitely not "starting at the back" kind of stuff anyway. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Alves? Are we watching a different Alves or something? He's a pretty darn good right back for a right back that has no defensive duties whatsoever. I don't think you'd describe him as one of the finest footballers on the planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Seems like Valencia tried to strengthen their squad with a playmaker. They offered Hamburg 22 million for van der Vaart, but Hamburg refused the offer and it seems they now look at Riquelme instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Where would Van der Vaart fit in with Silva, Juaquin and Vicente?

Silva is pure class, and I reckon he`ll play the key role if Valencia are to lift the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Real have really assembled a very affective and pragmatic squad now. They're still probably a couple of defenders short of a European Cup, but I'm really looking forward to see how they fit all this talent in. Similarly to Barca.

I reckon Madrid will lineup as:

RVN

Raul
    Robben
    Sneijder
    Robinho
    Diarra
    Gago
    -Heinze---Cannavaro---Metzelder--Torres?
    Casillas

Any thoughts?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

besty wrote:
    Real have really assembled a very affective and pragmatic squad now. They're still probably a couple of defenders short of a European Cup, but I'm really looking forward to see how they fit all this talent in. Similarly to Barca.

I reckon Madrid will lineup as:

RVN

Raul
    Robben
    Sneijder
    Robinho
    Diarra
    Gago
    -Heinze---Cannavaro---Metzelder--Torres?
    Casillas

Any thoughts?
    Yeah, did Real Madrid buy the rights to field 12 players?

Also, did they do a swap deal with Liverpool to send Ramos to Merseyside so that Torres can fulfil his dream of playing right-back?

Also, I wonder why they'd spend €30m on a CB (Pepe) and not play him... :p

Indeed, Real's lineup will be very intersting, but I'd imagine it'll be something like this

Casillas
    --Ramos----Pepe---Metzelder--Heinze-
    Diarra
    --Robinho
    Sneijder
    Robben-
    RVN

That said, you never know, maybe this manager will be a Raul manager.

PHB wrote:

That said, you never know, maybe this manager will be a Raul manager.

What makes you thin its the manager who picks Raul?

kdjac

That's what I mean, a manager who has already been told he has to pick Raul to get the job. I can't help but feel Capello would still be there if he picked Raul.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    That's what I mean, a manager who has already been told he has to pick Raul to get the job. I can't help but feel Capello would still be there if he picked Raul.

So how many games do you think Shuster has left? :p

kdjac

I'd say 3 losses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

PHB wrote:
    I can't help but feel Capello would still be there if he picked Raul.
    Qué? Raúl started almost every game under Capello - Capello is arguably his biggest fan!

Anyway, I don't think he's is considered untouchable anymore, at least not by the Madridistas or Spanish media.

His influence in the dressing room is another matter...

Advertisement