Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts-first year

Options
  • 12-08-2007 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

I really hate asking questions as it sounds way too eager and gives off the impression that I'm intrieged by ''college life'', but anyway, here I go. I hope to be doing Arts this year, and I plan on doing Italian(or Spanish) never done either but desperate to learn, film studies and Ancient civilisations, can someone please tell me what the first two detail? As in how difficult is it to pick up the language(keep in mind, I'm eager to learn either one).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I did Italian last year for the first time and now I'm fluent, because of the lack of progress I made in the class I decided to move to milan for a couple of months to learn. The italian department are very friendly and helpful and they are extremely easy markers.
    One warning though, if you pick it as a major you have to do italian culture, which is a pile of piss

Advertisement