Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Work Around so I can get Wireless Broadband.

Options
  • 12-08-2007 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Building has a line of Sight Issue for getting Wirelss Broadband & Wired Broadband not available in area.

Okay so the building A is surrounded by mature trees preventing clear line of sight to wireless broadband transmitter so the test fails. There is another building B about 100 metres away where there is clear line of sight.

I'm looking at 1 MB connection for up to two users at one time in Building A. Buildings A & B - same ownership

My questions
    How do I receive the Wireless Broadband to an antenna mounted on Building B and then transmit to Building A?
    Would there be a significant diminution in the quality of service?
    Costs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Who is the wireless broadband from ? If you can't run a bit of cat5 ( cheapest/simplest/best option ) , you'd need to stick up your own wireless link. There is some awful crap out there for outdoor wireless , so i'll PM you list of what to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

If you do set up your own wireless link you might want to make sure that you will no be interfering with any other wireless networks as this creates a whole world of pain for everybody. :mad:

Tis ok we have it under control , i'm sending him up some really old stuff I had here that was going in the bin , no good round here anymore drives that Ibb stuff nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

what kinda stuff is that? OFDM?

Only messing with you , you seem to be very keen on wireless stuff , i'll dig you up a few good links when i get home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

What part of the country are you in nazoil?
    It is prettysimple enough to do a p2p link, with the right gear and experience :). We do them all the time for various business's around the place etc.

Advertisement