Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEED TO MOVE MY .com SITES

• 12-08-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a few site names and hosting packages with a company called freehost.ie but I received an email saying they were going out of business..

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good service thats cheap for both registering the .coms and hosting 2 sites.
    I think that freehost ( the company I was using) charged around 40 euros for hosting and registering the names..

I am open to idea !

the reason it needs to be cheap is that I dont get much traffic and some of the names are just ideas that are never used, in these cases I dont even have any traffic to the site..

How difficult is it to move a site from one provider to another?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Do you already have a domain - you will need to change the DNS settings to point towards your new host.
    Make sure you have a copy of the entire old site asap and then get this up on the new host asap.

Several hosts are out there such as Blacknight.ie, hosting365.ie, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Moving them shouldn´t be too hard as long as you can still access the email address associated with the domains and can get the EPP key for the transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I cant seem to get a reply from the company that took them over and is now also out of business..

I am not concerned about the email accounts but am concerned about holding onto the .com names..

What do I do now ?

edit update~

OK freehost was taken over by Ketec and then Gel !! all 3 are gone and those numbers below simply do not work !

Email received..

Dear Client,

The companies Ketec.ie and Freehost.ie have now been taken over by Gel
    Communications please note our new address;

Gel Communications
    Unit 1, Porters Road
    Coolmine Ind Est,
    Blanchardstown
    Dublin 15
    Ireland

Ph: +353 (0)1 8236914
    Fax: +353 (0)1 8236904

they have swapped hands a few times :(

OK.. so lets say they are gone completly.. what do I do now ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the domains are on their OpenSRS account and you cannot contact them you may be able to move them to another OpenSRS account ie. internally within the registrar (Tucows)

We've had to do it for a few people in the past

Michele

Advertisement