Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissertation Binding

Options
  • 12-08-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm nearing the end of my dissertation and am wondering where in Dublin I can get my work bound (preferably quickly and cheaply!). Roughly what's the cost for an MSc dissertation - approx 90pgs. and how quick can it be done? BTW, it's for Trinity (if that helps)
    Thanks
    Jimbo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There's a place on Camdem Street, AFAIR, it's called The Thesis Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

http://www.thesiscentre.ie/

My connection is too crappy to look at their website, but last year it cost in or around €100 to get three copies of a masters thesis hard-bound. They did a same day service if you brought it in before midday or something.

If money is an issue you're better off taking it to a photocopiers and getting it soft-bound for feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Thanks for that - much appreciated :D

Yup, you can get it soft bound in Reads (yes, on Nassau Street) for around €2.50 a copy - the price varies as to whether you go with spiral bound or wax bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I find the Thesis Centre too expensive. I have used Duffy Bookbinders (106 Seville Place, just up from Connolly station) for binding of thesis and other document. They are quick and good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Just resurrecting this as I have to print out and hardbind my thesis tomorrow. It's 374 (single-sided) pages long. 8 of these are coloured. Duffy's Bookbinders is closed until mid-July (summer holidays) ; I find it hard to believe that The Thesis Centre is the only place left in Dublin that binds theses. Anybody know of another place?

I've a couple of technical questions:

1. Is it possible to print on both sides of the paper? The official copy will be on one-side, but for financial and size reasons I want to print the remaining 9 copies on both sides.

2. I'm being quoted 4.5cent for each 80gsm one-sided B&W copy printed. Does anybody know of a cheaper price?

Thanks.

I've found two more places in Dublin:

Academy Thesis Binding - 01 401 3949 (initially charged me €32, the same as The Thesis Centre, but when I told him Duffy's charged €22 if I left it with them for 48 hours or more, he said he'd match that price if I leave it with him for the same time)

Creative Binding Solutions (formerly Thesis Ireland) - 01 6251924 (http://creativebinder.com/)

Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

thanks for the updates Dostoesvky, my thesis is well overdue & I'm looking for places to print & bind it.

which printing company did you go with in the end?

did the rate of 4.5 cent / side include the binding or is that just for printing?

this may sound naive, but can i just print it on my Canon inkjet printer & have the binding done externally?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yep, you can print it out and bring the hard copies to the binders who will bind it for you. That's what I did

tintar wrote: »
    thanks for the updates Dostoesvky, my thesis is well overdue & I'm looking for places to print & bind it.

which printing company did you go with in the end?

did the rate of 4.5 cent / side include the binding or is that just for printing?

this may sound naive, but can i just print it on my Canon inkjet printer & have the binding done externally?

The 4.5cent was just for printing. The binding was a separate issue. I got more responses over on this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055612003 - and one of the posters there runs a printing company so contacted me and and did the 11 copies for €210, including the 88 coloured pages. I was happy about that price.

I then rang the Thesis Centre and told them how many copies I had and they charged me €23 to bind each thesis on top of that. So it paid to talk to them.

I made a few mistakes and decided I wanted to replace them and rebind the thesis a month later. The Thesis Centre actually have a rebinding service which they charge €10 per thesis for. They charged me €8 per copy when I asked them for a discount. So, all in all, it worked out more than I expected because of the rebind but I feel much happier with it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement