Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of Education

Options
  • 12-08-2007 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I'm going to do 5th yr in the institute this year, and i know that you have to chose the teachers, now i dont wanna chose some one who ill regret for the next 2 yrs:p :p
    so if any one on boardsie been to the institute or knows the teachers der can recomend teachers...
    :);) thanx;) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You have 2 weeks trial at the beginning and then you decide. You can also change your choices in the second year. If you want a hand though pm me your subjects and I can recommend who I found good for each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sezermango

this might help you

irish(pass) - mor- great teacher
    maths(pass)-aar- brilliant
    german(hons)-ons- no choice, she kinda wrecked my head but is still quality
    business(hons)- wmu- good but not great. wish i chose kha.
    economics(hons)-kha- good. lots of notes but very helpfull
    geo(hons)-jca-savage man. awkard times for classes tho
    english(hons)
    poetry-dcr- the best!!!!
    shakespeare-cho- good
    comparitive-phu-a bit dosey but excellent for this part of the course.nice guy too
    comprehension-dont know name. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Key ofG

You won't be stuck with some crappy teacher for the two yrs,You get a trial,then you have to make up your mind.
    English-dc for poetry an anyone else except pmc(very arrogant didn't like em)
    I choose wrong ,shoulda picked dc.
    French-sg .Very good
    German-ons,Excellent.
    Business-I heard ch is the better one to go for .
    Maths-a friend told me arr is a Genius

You can pm me the subjs ur doing an I'll give u more info if u like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I am shcoked and appalled by the lack of anti-institute sentiment in here.

/me does obligatory distorting the education system post.

(for clarification purposes) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I am shcoked and appalled by the lack of anti-institute sentiment in here.

/me does obligatory distorting the education system post.

Right, would you grow up please? Someone asked for genuine advice and people are actually trying to help.

• Advertisement

It was a joke. Sheesh. Its not like the thread is moving fast and the OP is going to get lost in all these posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

no i wont, dont make me say stuff i didn't:mad: , I actually found every post extremely helpfull!!!

egyhos wrote:
    no i wont, dont make me say stuff i didn't:mad: , I actually found every post extremely helpfull!!!

Except for mine :P Anyways, my point is that my joke is not going to make the thread harder for you to navigate through. If there was loads of posts then these less useful posts could cause problems but since they don't, there is nothing to get :mad: about. Anyways GL with your studies and choosing the right teachers and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Business - WM (you must pick this guy, absolute ledge!)
    German - ONS (no choice but sound, although can be a bitch and if she saysy she is going to do such a thing tomorow or a test, chances are she wont!)
    Geography - JC (theres 2 campbell or carbery, I prefered carbury, most liked campbell)
    Physics - PD (deadly.)
    Maths(Pass) - AAR or JB both good
    Home Ec - SC (bitch to start with and can be quite bitchy throughout but once you get to know her she is alright)
    Irish(Pass) - MOR, if your honors Diarmaid is good to.

English
    Play-CH (good, dont make the mistake of mitching alot of his classes though!)
    Poetry-DC (a novelty for the first few weeks, fcuking wrecks the head after that though, notes are good though)
    Comparitive-no one amazing
    Composition-no one amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

*Tripper* wrote:

I only went to his class twice after Crimbo, bad idea... Wednesday will prove this I'm sure!

Choose Willy Murphy for Business man, I slept all year and probably done weel enough in it. Though he ****ing hated me with a passion I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

*Tripper* wrote:

u can mitch in the institute?? how??:rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, I never realised you actually got to choose teachers in the Institute. Does this mean that, unlike almost every other school in the country, they actually encourage ratemyteacher.ie ? :P

Advertisement