Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Flash Gordon on SciFi

Options
  • 12-08-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watched this yet? Just saw an ad for it. Loved the 1980 movie when I was a kid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is it a re-imagining, ala BSG, which parellels our current political climate? Or just a remake :)

Love the orignal too! And now it's quote-time...

Zogi, the High Priest: Do you, Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, take this Earthling Dale Arden, to be your Empress of the Hour?
    The Emperor Ming: Of the hour, yes.
    Zogi, the High Priest: Do you promise to use her as you will?
    The Emperor Ming: Certainly!
    Zogi, the High Priest: Not to blast her into space? :D
    [Ming glares at Zogi]
    Zogi, the High Priest: Uh, until such time as you grow weary of her.
    The Emperor Ming: I do.
    Dale Arden: I do NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Saw the trailer......looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

SofaKing wrote:
    Zogi, the High Priest: Uh, until such time as you grow weary of her.
    The Emperor Ming: I do.

HAHA. Ah yes.....a classic line. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well I just watched it there... It was bad.... really bad! I'll give it an other ep or two to shape up but so far:

Acting was really bad

Writing was just the bottom of the barrel, Conversations seemed lacking reality

SFX where worse than earth Final conflict but with the same bad integration of surroundings.

The plot just plane sucked and was full of silly things happing to drag it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Khannie wrote:
    Anyone watched this yet? Just saw an ad for it. Loved the 1980 movie when I was a kid.

Was at a SciFi con last weekend and watch it in a room with about 50/60 people, reaction was mainly negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmmm. I haven't watched it still, but it's not sounding great. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

again ill say, ming is crap, he is not evil by any streach of the imagination.

Caoticica from voyager was a better bad guy than this new ming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Awful ****e, terrible script, plot holes galore, characters are 1 dimensional and do things way out of character. Obvious stupidity to explain tech to viewers for example, flash holding a location device that beeps, it starts beeping more quickly, dale says "its beeping more quickly, does that mean we're getting close?" well duh!!

Advertisement