Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat problem

Options
  • 12-08-2007 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

:confused: Hi,

We have a cat that has some major skin problems on her face. We've had all kinds of test done on her with no luck. She literally tears her face apart from scratching. The only thing that helps even a little bit is some anti-itch pills that we have to give her all the time. Anyone have this problem and did you get it sorted?? If so please let me know as she looks and feels horrible!!

KJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

What anti-itch pills is she on? Prednisolone? Not good to take on a long-term basis as they are hard on the kidneys.
    My cat has fleabite allergy and is scratching badly in the summer and needs them on and off in the summer; this year I've been treating the scabs and scratch marks with CDVet Wound ex, which is a biological wound spray and makes the wounds heal much faster. They also do a spray called Itch-ex (Juck-ex in German) which I also have but haven't really used much as I feel spraying the soar spots on the poor cat once a day is enough :D
    Search ebay for cdVet although they have an English website, their prices are outrageous (same price in pounds as in Euro!) and shipping with most people on ebay is much cheaper also, the ebay Outdog Shop does a good range of the cdVet products and has fair shipping)

Advertisement