Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming with N73 on 3

• 12-08-2007 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I have an N73 on 3 with the unlimited broadband. Untill Wednesday, I had been using www.bbcradio.mobi to listen to radio by streaming. On thursday this stopped working. Now all other streaming seems to have stopped like m.youtube.com, orb etc. Is anyone else having the same problem? I have no desire to be on broadband unlimited without being able to stream.

Part of me thinks that with my recent vociferous championing of 3, I am going to get my comeuppance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hi everyone. I have an N73 on 3 with the unlimited broadband. Untill Wednesday, I had been using www.bbcradio.mobi to listen to radio by streaming. On thursday this stopped working. Now all other streaming seems to have stopped like m.youtube.com, orb etc. Is anyone else having the same problem? I have no desire to be on broadband unlimited without being able to stream.

Part of me thinks that with my recent vociferous championing of 3, I am going to get my comeuppance!

This would appear to be connected to all the goings-on on 3 BB (such as no access to gMail etc) that are being reported elswhere on the boards. Allegedly all will be well again when 'upgrading' is completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Gmail seems to have been working fine throughout the period.

I may complain as I only upgraded to unlimited mobile BB so I could listen to BBC radio and stream my recorded tv from the Windows Media Center!

Sorry for not having read posts further along. I thought I had been keeping abreast of this board.

Either way, it is very irritating. All the Planet 3 streaming works fine but the others don't!

An annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I suspect it is more linked to the introduction of X-Series instead. Otherwise what use is X-series if you can do everything with mobile BB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Confirmed over the weekend that I can't stream anymore either - also on post pay with unlimited broadband. Can't seem to FTP either using my phone as a modem with my PC but interestingly can stream on the PC.

Any Three Ireland person want to step up here and let us know if Jimmy is correct and that this is the new state of affairs now that X-Series is about to be launched or is launched - I still see nothing about it no the site.

If it is the case it's a pretty shabby way to treat customers just withdrawing a facility without so much as a nod in our direction.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can't see the point in having mobile broadband unlimited if I can't stream!

Furthermore, Three were not prepared to let me do a straight swop from mobile broadband unlimited to x-series without paying for both in the same month so I now have to wait untill the 2nd September before I can stream again.

I will try phoning them later but am in work at present and don't want to make such an obvious personal call.

Tried calling them this morning and got the by now usual spiel about an upgrade in process, changing ISP's and I should try removing and reseating my SIM - lol.

I see the data modem people are having similar issues since the 9th and they're talking about writing en masse to Matt Cooper in Today FM. The very least that could be said here is that Three totally ignored their customers. If such a major upgrade was to take place why were we not informed? They are quick enough to send out their promo MMS's... why is it so hard now to get a delivery time on the upgrade? This morning I was told tomorrow, I've read elsewhere here that it will be the 25th! - maybe I will drop a line to Matt though I'll have to do it through Hotmail as my Gmail isn't working - sigh...

Just decided to make another call to Three (I work from home so personal calls aren't an issue ;)) as I decided I was going to get an answer to the specific question 'will mobile broadband users be prevented from streaming after the upgrade is complete'.

I was assured by the representative that this was not that case - that it was 'an upgrade not a downgrade'. He also told me that not everyone has experienced these issues, ly certain customers and of those who have, many are now recieving normal service again - hmmmmm, guess we're just special T...

This was the excuse the rep gave for not contacting me to let me know about the upgrade or the ensuing problems. Allegedly they didn't know which users were affected until the users contacted Three. Find that pretty hard to swallow both in terms of the number of people affected and that they couldn't map it to a user set.

In any case I've requested a callback from a supervisor and I will be seeking an assurance in writing that all services I had before the 9th will be returned to my account within a specified time period - otherwise it's time for COMREG

Will let you know what they say to that.

I was really happy with Three 'til now - it's a shame they dropped the ball so badly here.

I phoned them up. Of course they don't seem to have heard of it. Got me to reset my settings etc etc. I refused to take out the battery and sim.

I got on to the Customer Service then and said I wanted a refund for the difference between 250 broadband and unlimited. They offered ?5 but I held out for ?10. I told them that I'd want another ?10 if it doesn't work next month. I was assured it will work.

Has anyone had their streaming come back online or anyone never lost it? Anybody have a decent explanation from 3 even?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

no issues streaming from bbc yesterday or today, first time i tried so dont know what it was like before that.

rgds
    corm

Is that with bbcradio.mobi? i still can't get it to work! Which phone are you using?

Where are you situated Scary, roughly will do - not planning to stalk though I may move there for my Radio 4.

Just to let everyone in this thread know, the guys over on the broadband forum have been busy and have got Today FM to invite a Three representative in tomorrow to discuss the issues mobile broadband users have been facing both before and since the recent 'upgrade' and Three have accepted.

You can check out the thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post53760266

The piece is to air round 6pm on the Last Word. Thumbs at the ready people - let's get our streaming back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

i'm in clondalkin and i'm using a HTC P3600 windows mobile handset. yep connecting through bbcradio.mobi.

rgds
    corm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bluefrog wrote:
    Where are you situated Scary, roughly will do - not planning to stalk though I may move there for my Radio 4.

Just to let everyone in this thread know, the guys over on the broadband forum have been busy and have got Today FM to invite a Three representative in tomorrow to discuss the issues mobile broadband users have been facing both before and since the recent 'upgrade' and Three have accepted.

You can check out the thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post53760266

The piece is to air round 6pm on the Last Word. Thumbs at the ready people - let's get our streaming back!

Who's willing to bet that Three won't get asked how they can they support hundreds of users at mobile speeds hanging off a Mast when a DSL dslam for example can support a finite number of users.

I'm now wondering that given that some have streaming and some don't if having my account reprovisioned for my broadband addon might solve the problem. I knwo when I first got the addon that I was still trapped in the walled garden and that getting reprovisioned sorted it out. I know the walled garden is gone but I'm wondering if this is a similar issue since the upgrade.

Might try this at the weekend when I can afford to lose my email for an few hours.

Just spoken to Three in India. Have found that it is important they understand what you mean as they are very focussed on website access and the first two representatives didn't understand that the issue I was having was with Real streams.

Anyway, finally I got to speak to a guy who identified himself as Jimmy. He took a look at their configuration there and found an issue with the provision of services on my account that would cause me to stop having access to streams and he has undertaken to repair it in 24 hours. They are due to call me back tomorrow afternoon to confirm that the issue is resolved.

As I suspected, given that other users were able to stream, this does seem to be an account related problem and I would advise anyone else having these issues to contact customer service and ask for that guy - he's one of the call centre managers apparantly and his English is excellent - possibly better than mine ;)

Will post back tomorrow evening with an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It all sounded great until they told you to wait 24 hours. That's 3 speak for "I hope someone else will be dealing with the call tomorrow". Next time I call 3's customer care and get that BS I will demand to know what exactly it is that takes 24 hours. Is that how long it takes for the mobile fairy to come along and magically fix the problem or what?

At this point I don't have much to lose. I have the guy's name - surely he's not dumb enough to think I won't come back looking for him.

In any case my complaint number for COMREG ripens on Wednesday so if it was a fob-off then it's one that's going to come back to bite them in the *ss

He has promised me that someone else will phone me in 24hrs too.

just so we are clear that the same thing is happening: after connecting, the banner changes to loading but nothing loads. It them says something about server timeout.

I get the same thing on bbcradio.mobi, m.youtube.com and orb.

• Advertisement

Same thing exactly. I've confirmed all my sources stream fine over wi-fi so it's definitely something on their end.

They're due to call me back this afternoon so I guess time will tell.

Well, the title there says it all - been back on to Three, currently awaiting a callback from the poor individual that Jimmy dumped in it yesterday by fobbing me off.

Will take up to 8 hours - it that doesn't work then the next step is to escalate to the tech department - unbelievable. Turning into a bit of a terrier here now, not letting this go :D

So the reprovisioning didn't work. My new friend in the call centre, Maria, who actually does return calls when she says she will wanted me to go in to a Three shop and have them try the SIM in another phone to see if the phone is the issue here. I said, I'd only be willing to do that as a last resort as the streaming problem had only surfaced after their upgrade so instead I suggested that she switch me to x-series gold (same price) and see if that worked first. She did that and now I have been reprovisioned with that and guess what - still no streaming!

I have some errands to run in town this morning anyway so I'll drop in to a Three shop with my SIM and try it in one of their phones. If that doesn't work I guess they'll have no choice but to escalate it. Can't seem to get this done without the inconvenience of going to a store.

Yeah, I'm still getting nothing and it's annoying me.

I only upgraded to broadband unlimited so I could stream from Orb and listen to online radio.

Bluefrog, ask for the difference between 250MB broadband and X-Series Gold (€10 difference) credit untill they sort it out because unlimited BB is useless unless you stream.

See, I use Fring for voip too so I get my money's worth anyway but you're right. It's pretty crappy how this facility just disappeared.

By the way, what's the URL for your Planet 3 homepage?

Went into a Three store yesterday and a staff member there tried to stream using her phone and my SIM - no luck.

So I went back to Three and told them I had done as they requested and there was no progress and they said to me did I take her sim card and try using it in my phone!!!! They told me they would not escalate until I had done that.

I told them that enough was enough at that point. Told them that the streaming had worked until their 'upgrade' and that since I had taken the time to go there yesterday and do THEIR testing for them not to mention all the calls and misinformation I had been handed during the previous 2 weeks that I now considered the ball back in their court and it was up to them to prove to me their service was working.

After A LOT of arguing with me they finally agreed to replace the SIM - it takes up to 5 days to do that apparently. Will post the result when I get it.

I just tried streaming on my phone (bbc radio 4) and it worked - so much for the problem being my phone or SIM!

Might have had more to do with the ass-chewing I gave the manager in India I spoke to today after Three asked me to call them though when I did, nobody there seemed to know why.

Mine is working as well! Thanks for pointing it out Bluefrog! Not sure why it is working but it does! Hooray!

• Advertisement

For how long.... Don't know if I should call Three and tell them they've unbroken whatever they broke or leave well enough alone.

Advertisement