Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming with N73 on 3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Orb is not streaming for me. Can others try the orb video straming test at test.orb.com to see if they can get video to stream. It used to work and it works only for me on wifi.

Strangely enough, I have on my three bill a section dedicated to orb/slingbox marked as excluded from my package but zero cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Mine isn't even connecting to media server anymore, never mind just showing a black screen. Wierd.

(Nothing to do with orb, can't get to tha site at the mo, which could be related to my problem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Orb is not streaming for me. Can others try the orb video straming test at test.orb.com to see if they can get video to stream. It used to work and it works only for me on wifi.

Strangely enough, I have on my three bill a section dedicated to orb/slingbox marked as excluded from my package but zero cost.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

It comes up and says "Disconnected. Try Again?".

I think that is to force people to use X-Series Orb instead of the normal method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bluefrog wrote:
    After A LOT of arguing with me they finally agreed to replace the SIM - it takes up to 5 days to do that apparently. Will post the result when I get it.
    you can go into a shop and get one immediately but they say it takes 24 hours to activate because everything in 3 land takes 24 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

BBC was also disconnecting after about 5 minutes for me last night as well. Changing the SIM was Three's idea to fix the streaming issue. It obviously had nothing to do with the SIM as it came back last night so it's pretty conclusive proof that Three don't have a clue what they are doing.

When they gave out these licences it might have been an idea to require proof of technical competence.

• Advertisement

Since around 6pm last night I've been getting SIM registration failed messages on my phone. Called Mumbai and they say there's no problem there - what are these muppets at????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Bluefrog wrote:
    BBC was also disconnecting after about 5 minutes for me last night as well. Changing the SIM was Three's idea to fix the streaming issue. It obviously had nothing to do with the SIM as it came back last night so it's pretty conclusive proof that Three don't have a clue what they are doing.

When they gave out these licences it might have been an idea to require proof of technical competence.

I've been getting disconnected, any point between three to ten minutes after the stream starts. Really annoying. A window pops up to tell me I have been disconnected and asks should it try again. If I select yes then nothing happens. I have to go back to bbcradio.mobi and then click on the radio station twice.

It is driving me mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I've got a Three SIM in a Nokia E61, all has been working sweet for the past few weeks until Wednesday, since then I haven't been able to stream, pop email or fring :-(
    Looks like all ports except 80/443 are now blocked for me *groan*
    Has this happened to anyone else?

P.S. Everything works fine over my wifi @home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

WezzyB wrote:
    I've got a Three SIM in a Nokia E61, all has been working sweet for the past few weeks until Wednesday, since then I haven't been able to stream, pop email or fring :-(
    Looks like all ports except 80/443 are now blocked for me *groan*
    Has this happened to anyone else?

P.S. Everything works fine over my wifi @home.

No everything still works fine for me! Connected to Fring and IMAP server at the moment. Streaming also worked last night. Made a test call with Fring and that worked too although there was a 2-second delay. The connection seems to be getting slower again in the last few days so that must be the problem causing the delay.

Edit: Nokia E60 by the way, 3pay with unlimited internet addon, in Galway City (maybe it depends on which mast you're on too?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

test.orb.com not working in Dublin city centre.. now.

• Advertisement

Has never worked for me and now I'm on X-Series it still doesn't. I really feel that Three haven't a clue what they are doing at this point.

For my streaming issue last week they sent me out a replacement SIM card but it's obvious that since it started working Monday evening that it was their network and not the SIM that was to blame. On top of that, last night they barred my original SIM before the new one arrived leaving me phoneless for a day - nice eh.

After seeing a post on the Three USB broadband thread I contacted the National Consumer Agency via their complaints form and was contacted yesterday by one of their representatives.

They are currently looking into the situation with Three and I would encourage anyone who has had problems with them since the 'upgrade' to contact the NCA and give them the details.

Conclusive proof that Three don't know what they are doing. I'm now on X-Series Gold -as I write, none of the services on it work. I got promo SMS from them yesterday saying:

3 Update. Go to Planet 3. Choose Internet & Surf the Web on your mobile for just 49c per MB.

And the bit that really made me laugh:

To opt of of Internet access call 333.

They forgot to add 'or buy a 3 USB modem or broadband access addon'

Well it seems another week has passed with no streaming and now no access to anything that doesn't operate over port 80 or 443.

Well I have had enough and if you feel the same I think it would be more effective if we all banded together to approach Three rather than individually.

Anyone up for this can PM me.

Well it seems that Orb is streaming for me now (on X-Series Gold) but times out after 4-5 minutes - anyone else got unrestricted streaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

have had 3 for a month and steaming never really worked apart from the rte news links on my3. Yesterday youtubestarted working as did any other 3gp links i could find. Still working today if this keeps up then maby i can hope they will fix the msn problems and i can start being happy with my move to 3.

Are you getting timeouts after a few minutes Kristok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

nothing im watching is over 5 min if you have a link to something longer ill let you know.

Links to all bbc radio content here - think it's a good test - http://beebotron.timeforabrew.com./

Advertisement