Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to trade in games?

• 12-08-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Does anyone know the best place to trade in Xbox 360 games? I went to Xtravision the other day and they offered me €15 for a game unopened and still in its seal! I found that ridiculous!

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Sell them on eBay or adverts. I sold my Gears of War a couple of weeks ago for €39. It cost me €3 in eBay fees and €7 for shipping (to England registered). Still not great but better than the prices anybody would take it in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Yea I might just do that. Better than €15 anyways ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yea I might just do that. Better than €15 anyways ;)

what game was it?

it doesn't matter if its unopened it's still classed as second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Do they normally have good trade ins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I got €15 for GOW in xtra vision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Ok fock them then. Gamestop it is then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

GAME and the rest LOVE when you trade-in games. The margins they make are massive on them and they can sell the same traded-in games over and over again.
    Trade in GOW for €15 and they sell for €30. Someone buys for €30, plays trades in again for €10, then bought again for €25 and so on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Hey if anybody wants to sell me their Gears Of War (good condition only) I'll give yas €20 and sell it on eBay. :D

Or you can do it yourselves and cut out the middle man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

In my opinion, Smyths is the best place to trade in games. Last week i traded in Zelda on the Wii & Saints Row for the Xbox360, I bought Trauma Centre for the Wii (€50) and they gave me €15 store credit as well (!) Now that's a good deal! Get one of the loyalty cards and you get 10% off new games the week they are launched as well ... you can't go wrong. Plus they are the best to bring games back to if you change your mind ... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think Smyths still have an offer where you trade in two 360 games for one new one (it depends on the games of course, if they have 20 secondhand copies of something I doubt they'll want more :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Gears of War trades in for €22 in Game.. it's been in pack deals since it was released so I guess it won't trade for much anywhere..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I don't really kow how some game shops make money on Traded in games. There are so many traded in games and even though they buy them cheap and I don't know how they make a profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Because every preowned game that a shop sells it's all profit for them. No money goes to developers or any other 3rd parties.

Because every preowned game that a shop sells it's all profit for them. No money goes to developers or any other 3rd parties.
    I know but they don't seem to sell many Traded in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have you any facts for that? Considering lots of people trade in games and customers in general will take a gamble in buying a second hand game because it costs less than the r.r.p.

They don't sell alot of pre-owned games!? you're kidding me, I put through hundreds of preowned games during a weekend, the 3 for 2 offer always has customers rooting through it.

I said they don't seem to sell many traded in games but mabe they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

The chances of getting any kind of decent money for a game when ya trade it in is unlikely. Gamestop is the worst of all for it. Trade a game in there and you'll be lucky to get 5 euro. Best thing to do is try sell it yourself on eBay or maybe to a friend for a reduced price.

Hey it's a bit of bother but ya never know, ya might even be able to sell it by browsing around some boards like these and seeing if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone know if Smyths will have the 2 for 1 deal on next week for Bioshock?
    Have a copy of GoW in the wrapper and a few other games I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

If the offer is still on (in general) then it applies to any new games, it was still on last time I was in Smyths but you'd have to ask them (unless there is someone here that works there). Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well Xtravision have an offer on at the moment where you trdae 2 games in and get an extra €10 credit!!

Some of the prices they have for trade-ins are stupid but sometimes they are really good. eg: I got sonic collectors edition(€20 preowned in GAME) and FM2006 (€10 preowned in Game) went to Gamestop with Sonic and got €30 back!! Traded in FM2006 into Xtravision and got PGR3 as a direct swap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

mcgovern wrote:
    Anyone know if Smyths will have the 2 for 1 deal on next week for Bioshock?
    Have a copy of GoW in the wrapper and a few other games I wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    GAME are doing Bioshock Collectors Ed free when you trade in 2 of: FEAR, Tiger Woods 07, GoW, Rainbow 6 vegas, Brian Lara, Ghost Recon 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Absolam wrote:
    GAME are doing Bioshock Collectors Ed free when you trade in 2 of: FEAR, Tiger Woods 07, GoW, Rainbow 6 vegas, Brian Lara, Ghost Recon 2

Thanks for that, hopefully my copy of FEAR is still at home!

That's a good offer, are they advertising that instore Absolam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

just got €22 store credit for gow in game, xtragame were offering €15. Call of Juarez is €60 new in game and they are selling it preowned for €55:eek: unbelievable.

Absolam wrote:
    We are!? Sweet! I've clocked FEAR and GR2, they'll be traded in so. Collectors is the one with the Big Daddy, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

If any of you guys fancy selling FEAR or Lost Planet i'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Does anyone know the best place to trade in Xbox 360 games? I went to Xtravision the other day and they offered me €15 for a game unopened and still in its seal! I found that ridiculous!

Any info appreciated!
    Its a little late now but i traded in (madden or NFL 07) in its sealed wrapper and got €40 euro!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 alanmurphy88

I tend not to bother trading in games anymore after the terrible prices i got offered for BioShock Collectors Edition:eek: If anyone is interested thought send me a pm;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement