Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 top up service down?

• 12-08-2007 1:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't see any threads on this elsewhere - anyone know what the story is with o2's top up service?

I've been trying to top up my phone since yesterday morning and no joy - still doesn't seem to be working and I'm getting mighty pissed off at it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Same here, not been working since yesterday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

just went to buy credit & the girl in the shop told me it was down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

At this point someone should make a "dun dun dunnnnnnn" dramatic noise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

anyone know if it's working through AIB internet banking or the ATMs?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Still not working. I noticed it last night, and support are aware and have "engineers" working on it (I doubt it). Gonna try top up via AIB now, as I badly need the phone working.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topup via Internet Banking: Working. :)

doubt it'll be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest.

Something tells me their engineers don't do weekends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Utterly ridicilous situation. This is about the fourth outage of O2 services since the new year (been at least two countrywide signal outages i recall). Seriously considering a different network, it aint on any more.

O2 customer service isnt even freephone afaik. Mind you, ive worked in CS myself (diff firm), no use shouting at some young one on the phone about it, their hands are tied and they probably hate the disorganisation of top level more than you do, seeing as they are the front line people who have to put up with the bollix off the customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

The in-store machine more then likely didnt crash. I assume that people knew it was pointless giving credit if they couldnt put it in their phone. Plus, people will probably winge in the shop about it. Either that or O2 simply disabled the system to prevent a mass of calls/attempts.

The problem was with the system on O2s side crediting accounts with correct codes (it would seem).

I do believe its a small set fee per call to CS. Also, iv never had much difficulties down here in Waterford with them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I can't send text messages why not?

Working fine for me here.. Are you out of credit/out of range?

Contact O2 Support if having difficutlie...

All back to normal now. O2 sent out a text;

"We are aware you experienced some issues topping up over the weekend. This has now been resolved. O2 sincerely applogises for any inconvience."

O2 needs to hire an emergency crew for such outtages. I imagine they just left it till this morning to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sully wrote:
    O2 needs to hire an emergency crew for such outtages. I imagine they just left it till this morning to fix it.

They don't need an emergency crew, they need to put some kind of out of hours support in place. I've worked in places before where I had to support systems 24x7, it really baffles me why O2 can't do this.

FFS, it's preventing them from getting revenue - you would think this would be an incentive to get their ass in gear.

The crew would fix the problem. Support just assures everyone that all is OK and will be fixed shortly, which they had anyway (an automatic message on call to 1747).

I think it might be a good idea to send of an email to O2 pointing this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ im so glad i wasnt working this weekend,i got a message from work asking if i could come in,thought something serious must have happened and lo and behold,no topups all day sat and sun! i was in the pub ;) **** happens though you cant expect a phone network to work 24/7 365 without any problems,just doesnt happen. what surprises me is the people who go absolutely berserk because they cant send a text, as if it was the end of all existence, i had a guy SCREAMING at me this morning because he couldnt reply to a text, he wanted compensation for his loss and everything, i told him i could give him 10 quid credit as a goodwill but that wasnt good enough, he wanted a written confirmation from the head of o2 that the network would never have an issue like this again, some people i tell ya...

They are offering compo? o_O

Got the apology text this morning, after I had topped up my phone with the credit I bought on Saturday morning.

I sure would be able to swallow this bitter pill a lot easier if that apology came with some free credit, though!!

krudler - you saying I should ring you up and act the príck until that happens?

I know it's not the fault of the guys like yourself who answer the phone and my life didn't come to a standstill (althought it did cause me a lot of trouble in trying to track down the person with my Dublin ticket on Saturday morning!) but you're "shít happens" approach stinks a little.

I don't expect any service to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year without a hiccup but I do expect an international, billion-euro company to solve the problem within 48 hours of it occouring.

I've had no problem with o2 besides this but it's not a good sign - it's incompetant to be frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sully wrote:
    They are offering compo? o_O

no but that guy was so angry i just wanted to calm him down,if everyone demanded compensation it would cost the company a fortune, 128,000 customers were affected but only on slips bought in shops,atms,o2.ie,1749 and credit me services werent affected

I know it's not the fault of the guys like yourself who answer the phone and my life didn't come to a standstill (althought it did cause me a lot of trouble in trying to track down the person with my Dublin ticket on Saturday morning!) but you're "shít happens" approach stinks a little.

I don't expect any service to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year without a hiccup but I do expect an international, billion-euro company to solve the problem within 48 hours of it occouring.

I've had no problem with o2 besides this but it's not a good sign - it's incompetant to be frank.

well it was being worked on over the weekend its not like the tech lads strolled in this morning and pushed a button to fix the problem

I dont think they worked on it over the weekend tbh. I cant see how the problem took 2/3 days to fix.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote:
    no but that guy was so angry i just wanted to calm him down,if everyone demanded compensation it would cost the company a fortune, 128,000 customers were affected but only on slips bought in shops,atms,o2.ie,1749 and credit me services werent affected

So this guy got rewarded for being a dick to you on the phone, while people like myself who were equally effected got nothing because we were polite and quiet about it? Maybe that explains why people act like that to customer service reps, then.
    well it was being worked on over the weekend its not like the tech lads strolled in this morning and pushed a button to fix the problem

That may have been what you were told, or what you were told to tell callers but I find it very hard to believe.

The system goes on Saturday morning and over the course of 48 hours nothing happens, then first thing Monday morning it's suddenly up and running again. From my somewhat cynical perspective that looks like an engineer team that doesn't work weekends and a very easily repaired fault that got put off until next week to do.

Advertisement