Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trib's Journal

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

tribulus wrote: »
    Hopefully! It won't do any harm even if it doesn't.

Yep, weighed them, should really call them 40's...
    Actually I think I'll weigh all them from 30-50kg when it's not busy, it's wrecking my head at this stage, nitpicker that I am.

Tbh that's one of the main reasons I'm doing my dynamic day in total fitness. They have normal dumbbells that weigh what it says on them, and they don't have fat smooth handles!!

I really wanna work up to 55kg bells in there and come into Hercs and press them. Like just show up some day and don't let anyone know I've been doing them and bang out some reps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I believe that would be called, "Pulling a Beast" hehehe, though it only counts if you don't warm up.

DL: 70, 100, 120 x 3, belt, 140 x 3, 165 x 2 x 3, 165 x 1 x 4

Beltless Rackpulls w/bands: 70, 120, 150 x 2 x 5
    (Doubled mini, double choked)

Shrugs: 60, 100, 110, 120 x 10, 130 x 6 - no straps on any of these.
    Facepulls: 4 x 15

Rollouts: 3 x 10

Whey physio stuff.

Sumo's were tough, got better kind of as they went on. Still finding the best hip position.
    Rackpulls with bands are good too, at a rough (very rough) estimate I'd say 30-40kg extra at the top.
    Hadn't done normal, strict shrugs in a while, could have done plenty more with straps on but it's good grip work.

Bench: bar, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105 x 5
    3 Board: 120 x 3

DB Row: 46.5kg db x 4 x 12 (used straps to save my grip)
    Cable Row: 2 x 12

Tate presses: 15kg db x 12, 17.5kg db x 3 x 12

Lat. raises: 12.5kg db x 3 x 10
    ss with
    Face pulls: 3 x 15

Band pushdowns (light one): 2 x ~25
    ss with
    Curls: 40kg x 2 x 10

Got in today before 11am, the earliest I was ever in. Not one soul there. Went upstairs to warm up - no one. So by the time I got to my top bench set I had no one to help at all lol. It really was do or die (see my sig). On the 4th rep I touched too high and got the bar right over my face and had to flare really hard to get it locked, so when I brought it down for the 5th and last rep I didn't know if I'd enough left. In the end though it wasn't that hard because I hit everything perfect.

Still no one at this stage so I attempted to board press with no lift off and no one to hold the boards. Got out 3 reps before I decided to end the madness, so just did some tate presses so I could say I did something for them.

It was another 10 or so minutes after that before the 1st person came in!

Sq: 60 x 2 x 5, 100 x 2 x 5, 120 x 5, belt: 140 x 3 x 5

Leg Press: 200 x 12, 240 x 12, 260 x 2 x 12

Rollouts: 2 x 10

Had to change the way I squat as I mentioned. It wasn't as bad as I thought but went wide to make it easier to hit depth with. These were decent and will be better with practise, just dropping down too quick and need to be a bit tighter, I'll take it though. It's good to rep out with 140, about damn time like.

Training later on again probably so i'm just going to do some pull throughs and lie sideways on a tennis ball for an hour or so.

• Advertisement

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXiVm4W_yI

Squats from yesterday, last set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

You're training a lot and doing well, fair play. I can't train properly myself at the moment because I got final exams. Sucks. Keep it up, trib.

Thanks

Speed Bench - I'm retarded with the whole band malarky so there wasn't much extra at the top.

50 x 3 x 3 w/light bands
    60 x 6 x 3 w/light bands

DB Press: 40kg x 2 x 10, 40kg x 1 x 9
    OH DB Press: 20kg x 1 x 12, 25 x 1 x 12, 30 x 1 x 10 - i think that's a PB

Chins palms away: 8, 8, 6, 6
    Face pulls: 3 x 15

Curls: 4 x 8
    Band Pushdowns: Averag band x 2 x 25

Not much to say, good and quick, shoulder is fine, smiley faces.

Average band = green??

I lvoe theway everone's using my band/curl sets now...

Does it? It was the green one yeah.

They're great craic altogether, I didn't superset these so I don't know if it counts, I might just credit Westide instead :D

• Advertisement

Beltless Sumo's: 60 x 2 x 5, 100 x 2 x 5, 120 x 3, 140 x 3, 155 x 3 x 3. 165 x 5 - Big fat ass of a PB there

Beltless Rackpulls: 120 x 3, 140 x 3, 150 x 3 x 3
    (BTK and with double choked mini's that were twisted - it made a difference!)

Shrugs: 60, 80, 100, 120, straps 140 x 10

Rollouts: 3 x 10

Forgot my belt. Really tight and couldn't get a good starting position but meh, on hindsight i'm quite pleased, looking good for a 200 raw pull @90, and still gunning for my first 500lbs with my V-type.

We tried doubling the bands at first for the rackpulls but the tension was waaay too much, i could barely pull 120 with them. After some fiddling it was fine and got down to it.

4 exercises, absolutely shattered.

It was a day of several PB's

Training last night:

Bench: bar, 60, 80, 100 x 3, 110 x 2 x 3 - big pb, 90 x 10 pb
    3 Board: 120 x 3, 130 x 3, 135 x 3, 140 x 3 (pb's of sorts)

Chins palms away: 10 yaaaay, 8, 8, 6
    Facepulls: 3 x 15

Rolling Ext: 3 x 10 with 15kg and 12.5kg
    Curls: 3 x 10

Great session. great atmosphere too. I'd done 110 x 3 for one set before, not two and I was heavier then as well. Boards were better too, half the battle is getting used to the heavier weight.

In a TF for the first time in years, hasn't changed!

Squat: 60 x 2 x 5, 80 x 2 x 5, 100 x 5, 120 x 5, belt 130 x 5, 150 x 6 Suit on, straps down: 170 x 3, 170 x 2 - fell backwards on the 3rd, 170 x 5(i think), 180 x 2, gear off, belt 120 x 8

Pullthroughs: 3 x 12
    Calf raises: 3 x 12

Big PB there on the 150 x 6. I wasn't happy though, kept my stance and toes in to save my hips a bit which worked but I got so forward it was just yucky to look at. I've no excuse to offer, it's my own fault for getting so tight.

Suit was a lot of fun. Did okay in it for a first effort, trust is important here lol. Nearly got in on the 2nd rep of 180, a generous ref would give it to me hehe.
    So yeah overall pleased with the session, there's a lot of support from the suit so once I get the timing right it'll be interesting to see what happens.

And a big thanks to Hanley and Malteaser for getting me in and driving me to and from the place, nice one ;)

Bench: 60 x 3 x 3, 70 x 3 x 3 Then I worked up to a 120 x 1 bench. So another PB of sorts, i've done it before but I was heavier and I had 125 in me as well this time.
    Chins palms away: 8, 8

DB Press: 25 x 2 x 15
    DB Row: 30 x 2 x 20

Lat.raises: 2 x 15

The usual superset:

Light band pushdowns x 2 x 25
    with
    Curls: 35 x 2 x 12

My elbow is killing me now, ooops. Still good to know where my raw strength is, I'll be getting into the shirt next week probably.

Haha you musta heard what Ger did so....?

Nice going. Good to see we're all on top form!

Yeah I'm such a copying bastard! Really taking it easy the next few sessions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Good work on the bench. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the comp in January, I can see it turning into a bit of a Hercs Fest tbh...nothing wrong with that though!!

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Good work on the bench. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the comp in January, I can see it turning into a bit of a Hercs Fest tbh...nothing wrong with that though!!

Haha yeah, I hope there's some spare hands though for all the wrapping and shirt yanking etc!

Took it easy as planned, it's a good thing, my heads on other things right now.

DL convo: worked up to 140 x 3 x 6, pissed it, these were hilariously easy.
    RDL: 120 x 2 x 10

Shrugs: 100 x 3 x 12
    DB Row: 30kg x 1 x 30

Pansy bridges and things.

Done.

So I trained after my exam today. I haven't slept since monday morning at all so I was walking around in a state of semi-stonedness, it was weird.

Bench: 70 x 20, elbow is still sore, bah

MP: 60 x 2 x 10, is that a pb? I'm too lazy too check.

Then some chins, curls, rolling ext's, home.

Wrecked.

How are you still awake???

(hope the exam went alright btw)

• Advertisement

So I trained after my exam today. I haven't slept since monday morning at all so I was walking around in a state of semi-stonedness, it was weird.

Bench: 70 x 20, elbow is still sore, bah

MP: 60 x 2 x 10, is that a pb? I'm too lazy too check.

Then some chins, curls, rolling ext's, home.

Wrecked.

Sh!t, that's ahead of me!!

How'd the exam go?

Coffee and caffeine and some non-drowsy sudofed because it said it had pseudo ephedrine in it - although I doubt that did anything.

Exam was okay, I probably passed which is about as much as I can motivate myself for these days. Sometimes I wish I cared less about training and a bit more about college, meh.

Coffee and caffeine and some non-drowsy sudofed because it said it had pseudo ephedrine in it - although I doubt that did anything.

Exam was okay, I probably passed which is about as much as I can motivate myself for these days. Sometimes I wish I cared less about training and a bit more about college, meh.

hahah, i know the feeling...they can't be on for much longer??? When do you finish up for the Christmas??

Thursday! 11am straight into train, then sleeping for the rest of the day.

Not back then until January 20th.

Ehh yeah so I don't what I'd call today, it wasn't training though.

DL convo (hips were too sore) worked up to 180 x 1 - beltless PR

Rows 42kg DB's x 1 x 20

Vomit, call it a day.

30+ hours again of no sleep and lots of weird and wonderful eating habits caught up with me today, luckily I was near the toilet, sleeeeeeeep then apache pizza.

Hardcore!! That's a nice PR tho.

Herc's tomrorow?

Yep! i'll be in for 4:30-5?

Yep! i'll be in for 4:30-5?

Sound. I'm gunning to be in for 5. Unless my Katana gets here in the next 24 hours it's looking like a raw top set of 5 full range for me, and floor presses with chains!

Whats the plan for you?

Same old same old, except I'll probably bring in my shirt and see how far off from touching I am with a belt.

• Advertisement

****e day tbh, i'll put it down to feeling like **** so as far as i'm concerned it won't be happening again.

Bench: up to 105 x 3 then shirt a few sets with 130 and belt on, no real jackedness, i'm still pulling it down to me instead of letting it come down.

Floor press w/chains: up to 100 x 2 then 100 x 2 x 1, chains off, 100 x 5

DB OH: 25 x 10, 30 x 7

Chins palms away: 2 x 8

Rolling ext: 12.5 x 2 x 15
    Curls: 17.5 x 2 x 10

Done.

Advertisement