Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trib's Journal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Sq: 60, 80 by several sets, 100 x 5, 120 x 3, belt 140 x 3, 160 x 2, suit straps up, 170 x 3, 180 x 3

Leg Pres: 230 x 12, 260 x 12, 280 x 12

SLDL: 110 x 6, 10, 8 - lol need to use straps

Rollouts: 2 x 8

Took 100 out and it honest to god felt like 180, knew it was going to be a tough day then but had to push through it.

Bit disconcerting on the squats, did 180 x 2 with briefs so was hoping for more with straps up but it was a tough day so i'll be glad i hit depth on a couple of them and got used to something semi-heavy. You really need to time the start of your ascent with when the suits puts the stoppers on - I have yet to do that clearly lol but it'll come.

160 x 2 is a raw PR but I'm fairly pissed with it, it's bleh, i'll come back soon and blast it though.
    Major MP3 day in town today, especially carrying 2 gear bags around...

Very annoying day. Train f*ck ups and other things meant I trained in a little GAA gym, which was fine for what I wanted to do.

Speed Bench: 70 x 8 x 3

Shoulder still sore so left out any other pressing.

BB Row: 100 x 6 x 10
    Chuck V type row: 4 x 10
    Lat. raises: 3 x 12

Rolling ext: 5 x 12
    Curls: 5 x 12

Facepulls: 3 x 15
    Shrugs: 110 x 3 x 15

Back at it

GRINDFEST!

DL: 60, 100, 120, 140, 160 x 3, belt: 180 x 3, 185 x 3
    BTK Rackpulls: 120, 160 x 3, belt: 180 x 3, 200 x 1, 180 4

Shrugs: 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 x 8 - fairly strict, 150 x 8 - powershrugging some
    Hanging leg raises: 3 x 8 feet to eye level -ouch

Last day before gear so I had to give it everything. Was shooting for 190 x 3 but I'll take it. Rackpulls were a pin lower than before so happy with that, some of these were awful slow - at least my grip is good!
    Felt like crap from the last couple of days so it was hard today but happy with my effort.

Now to figure out getting shirt carryover.

Yesterday

Bench: 60, 80, 90, 100, 107.5 x 3, shirt on 140 x 2 no touch, 140 x 1 n touch, belt off 130 x 1, 130 x 1, belt on, 140 x 1 TOUCH and locked out, about time!

Floorpress: 60, 80, 100 x 5, 80 x 15

Cable Row: 4 x 12
    Facepulls: 4 x 15

Tatepress: 15kg x 2 x 12, 20kg x 8
    Curls: 40 x 3 x 8
    Pushdowns: 1 x 15

Slowly starting to find the groove a bit. I still had to pull the bar down to me on the last 140 which means I lost some support and it was a grinder but i'm confident I can lockout more than that and with some more weight on the bar and it will touch by itself. So yaay ended the year with a 140 bench*

Shirted work is really hard, and painful, squatting and deadlifting is way more fun in gear.

*in a shirt, sssshhh lol

Sq: 60, 100, 120, 140 x 1 or 2, suit on straps down: 160 x 5, 170 x 3, straps up: 180 x 3, wraps on 190 x 0, 190 x 3

RDL: 90 x 12, 110 x 2 x 12

Hanging leg raies, eye level: 3 x 10

Was gonna leg press but I was in bits and my head felt like it was going to explode.

I played a game of football yesterday which must have been the first time in months. On top of that they were mostly my old schoolmates off the team who are all still quite good despite less fitness. So I was ridiculously tight today and it was a relief to get the suit on.

180 x 3 was way quicker and easier than last time - and therein lies the secret to getting better carryover - just get down quicker! Just as you think you're getting the hang out of the gear you add wraps into the equation and it's the same thing all over again lol - I hate the things!

Got a lend of a pair of supersexy adistars after I nearly fell backwards on my 1st 190 and then the next set was far better. I think I'll probably have to shoot for a 210 squat maybe 215 rather than 220. Two big squat sessions left so we'll see then.

• Advertisement

Bench: 75 x 8 x 3

BB Row: 105kg x 4 x 8
    Facepulls: 4 x 12

Lat. raises: 3 x 12
    Curls: 3 x 12

Rolling ext: 5 x 12

Did I mention I just did my SI again, the other one this time, f*ckin great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

UGH is all I can say. That's both yourself and Ger running at less than full power ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

tribulus wrote: »

Did I mention I just did my SI again, the other one this time, f*ckin great.

That's really sh!t. Heres hoping it's not as bad as the last time!!!

Thanks guys it's not at all as bad as last time but i'm still not taking any chances with it and leaving dl'ing for this week. It means I won't get to do a deload week at the end but meh, i'd rather let it recover fully.

Can't remember everything but I'll try:

Bench: up to 110 x 1 which was quite quick, shirt: 130 x 2, belt: 135 x 2, 135 x 0, 135 x 1 I think that was it there might have been more sets. Started getting the bar down faster which means I got a couple of decent touches in and lots more rebound. Also kept it in the groove well for the most part, still need to watch out for on the way up the bar flying over my face, feeling optimistic about it though.

3 Board: 120 x 3 then left it, my shoulder was killing me.

Weird Row Machine: 100 x 4 x 10
    DB Row: 30kg DB x 30

Rolling Ext: 1 x 10, 2 x 15
    Curls: 3 x 12

Mini-band pushdowns: 1 x ~20

Forgot to add a set of 135 x 3 to a 2board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

How did you do your SI?

I don't know tbh. I think it was just letting the tightness in my hips build up and not doing glute stuff that caused a gradual wear and tear on it. It's a bit sore today but I've only 4 squat and DL sessions left (and the meet itself) so once it holds out for that long I'm not too bothered.

Sq: bar, 60, 80, 100, 120 x reps, 140 x 2, suit no straps: 160 x 3, 170 x 3 up: 180 x 3, wraps: 190 x 2.

RDL: 60, 80, 100, 120 x 10

Done.

Hitting depth at last, phew, it really needed to happen this week. Could have done a 3rd with 190 but my right wrap wasn't giving any support and I want to hit a big set next week. 190 will most likely be my opener.

Fookin wrecked.

Forgot to put up my session from yesterday.

Speed Bench: 70 x 8 x 3
    DB Bench: 27.5kg DB x 2 x 25

Cable Row: 6 x 12
    Facepulls: 3 x 12

Tate Press: 20kg x 3 x 8
    Curls: 20kg x 3 x 8

Then loads of boring shoulder physio stuff, my right one is starting to get it as well, lol, I'm a crock.

It was on today

Sumo: 60, 100, 120, 140, 160 x 3, suit up straps down: 180 x 2, 200 x 2, straps up: 210 x 1(missed 2nd) 210 x 2

Sumo BTK Rackpull: 120 x 3 , 150 x 3, 180 x 3, 210 x 3

Done.

It's amazing what some hip rolling and stretching will do, felt much looser today and it showed in the pulls. 160 was so easy it felt like I could have done 10. My set up was better too as a result of not being so tight and so could get my back straight.

Probably should have put straps up for the 200 x 2 as it wasn't that easy but meh.
    The 1st set of 210 I just got forward a bit on the 2nd rep. I could have fought it out but I made the split decision to drop it and just take it again. 1st rep on these was quite quick (vid to follow). Same thing happened again on the 2nd rep but I fought it out. It looks a bit suspect but it's mainly because I don't hold the top position and you can't see the top half of me.

Never did sumo rack pulls before and I'm raging I didn't. These would have been awesome for building up lockout strength. I'm gonna call 210 x 3 a PR even though I've never done them before simply because it's so far past my best conventional rackpull.

I *might* pull again next week. I didn't DL at all last week 'cus of my back so my dl feels quite fresh. I may just literally work up to 210 x 1, nail it and go home. The suit is silly tight and one more session it will help I reckon.

And no straps on the rackpulls, grip is good.

Looks like you had the same problem I had last week. When you go straps up in that suit it becomes a b!tch to lock out cos it throws you so forward. You need to REALLY throw your shoulers back right from the start, keep pulling back. Think of it as an over pull to get it to lockout.

Talc helps immensly too.

Looking real strong tho. You need to AT LEAST break the national record, then go after 500lbs.

If I'm still to hit 590 I need 230 out of this and a 150 bench, huuuge day tomorrow, I'm confident in the squat, you training tomorrow?

Of course... Same time, same place.

How's the back feel after all that?

Fandidly tastic! I mean it's very tired but no tell tale SI pain. I really think it was just my hips needed a good de-knotting and stretching and my glutes needed a kick up the...glutes? lol

See you tomorrow so.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if arching hurt it more than anything else!!

I'mma go to bed and rest up. See ya tomorrow.

Yesterday, again I can't remember it all but i'll try:

Bench: up to 110 x 1, shirt on: 130 x 3, easy, belt on: 135 x 2, flattened out on the 2nd one, 140 x 1, missed the groove tough lockout, I think i did another 140 set, same thing, 140 x 1, hit everything perfect and it was actually fairly easy.

DB Bench: 30 x 2 x 10, 30kg x 20
    BB Row: 60 x 4 x 12

Lat.raises: 2 x 20

Mini band pushdowns: 2 x ~50
    Curls: 2 x 12

So yeah I'll open with 135. I'm confident even if i touch too low or anything else goes wrong I can muscle it up anyway. I'm just gonna work up to 135 next week and leave it at that. I pushed it fairly hard going up to 140 which could be my 2nd attempt or close to it but it was a major confidence booster seeing how it easy it went up when I hit it right.

I also seated the seams a bit lower on my triceps and this seemed to help. I definitely felt some more top end support (or at least further up) and it didn't seem any harder to touch. Getting better at this shirt malarky every week.

Sq: 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 x 3, suit no straps: 160 x 3, 170 x 3, straps up, 180 x 3 new wraps: 190 x 2

Then I just pissed about with a few random things and ate some more victoria biscuits.

So I've basically hit 190 for the 3rd week now. I haven't planned the last few squats sessions that well but tbh I over-estimated my squat a bit. Anyway 190 keeps getting easier and the speed was a lot better today, in part to the new wraps I used instead of my thps', way more spring out of them.

So it'll be 190, 200/202.5, then we'll see.
    I'll take it easy next squat, don't really know what i'll do.
    Coming together nicely.

Easy day today:

DL: up to 160 x 1, suit no straps: 180 x 1, straps up: 200 x 1, 215 x 1

Then I just pissed about.

Good speed on this again but I'll stick with 210 to open. I took the suit off and put it back on again in between the 200 and 215. I left the legs a bit lower than normal and when I set up it bound up crazily. I think i'll leave it the way I normally have it, I got dizzy at the top of 215 from the pressure, I wouldn't call it a blackout, more like and orangeout.

I did train yesterday too but it was just random light stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ecCv07UV5BA

That's my squat from sunday (thanks Hanley). Prefer if I got a bit more depth but the general consensus from the experienced lads was that the 2nd was good so I'll take that (despite the guy in the background - I've never heard him call anyone's squats in!)

Easy day today:

DL: up to 160 x 1, suit no straps: 180 x 1, straps up: 200 x 1, 215 x 1

Then I just pissed about.

Good speed on this again but I'll stick with 210 to open. I took the suit off and put it back on again in between the 200 and 215. I left the legs a bit lower than normal and when I set up it bound up crazily. I think i'll leave it the way I normally have it, I got dizzy at the top of 215 from the pressure, I wouldn't call it a blackout, more like and orangeout.

I did train yesterday too but it was just random light stuff.

This sorta buzz...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRFKW0s2yg

Not much longer now!! :)

Are you heading down on Saturday or Sunday?? If you and S need a lift, I'm driving down with Ham on Saturday morning I could collect ya's on the way.

Hanley wrote: »

I forgot about that add, it's brilliant and oddly similiar...

I'm heading down on Saturday, herself is driving me down too so I'm okay thanks, don't we both have great gf's :D

I'm heading down on Saturday, herself is driving me down too so I'm okay thanks, don't we both have great gf's :D

I was only thinking afterwards how fun it'd be trying to fit two girls weekends bags, you and Ham's gear, food and normal bags into the boot of my tiny Clio!!

Probably just as well she's driving down!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Training on thursday:

Bench worked up to 110 x 1: shirt on 125 x 3 i think, 130 x 1 or 2, 135 x 1 - i hit this fairly well and should have left it there on hindsight, 135 x miss, shirt was fairly jacked and i stupidly pulled the bar down again.

You live and learn, I'm confident this will be no bother when things are set the way I like.

Advertisement