Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Song from the new foo fighter album

• 12-08-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

" The Pretender ", the first single from The foo fighters upcoming sixth studio
    album Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XESYfy7Kqss

Im officially pumped for their new album now, plus it's produced by Gil Norton who produced The Colour and the Shape

Also anyone else getting a stairway feeling from the intro?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh ya i got that feeling as well =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Ditto
    I cant really put my finger on the new song-its like all thier best rolled into one, and its fantisic, but theres somethign about it that makes me unsure........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

its good.. i like it... apparently its about Courtney Love....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wow, i really didn't enjoy the last two albums (enjoyed songs individually, but not the albums)... this song screams great to me, but i'd be worried it's just a stand out song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

doubt it... highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its an ok song. Heard it on phantom over a week ago there, thought it was actually stairway, but apparantly not. Its a decent song, I think they have better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

evad_lhorg wrote:
    doubt it... highly.

if ya listen to the lyrics i could be true.. didnt the have some big legal thing over nirvanas music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

A lot of people seem to think most of Daves songs are either about Kurt or Courtney. I can imagine how frustrating that must be for Dave. The only
    two songs I think he's ever written about Kurt are Friend of a Friend (he was in Nirvana when he wrote that) and My Hero.

I do like the new song, its a pity I'm gonna miss their gig in Marley park :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

The gig last week was brilliant. Im really enjoying listening to the anniversary edition of the colour and the shape at the moment. What a brilliant album!:) The new song is growing on me too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think there coming back in november again:confused: ,I could have sworn i heard ray on 2day fm saying that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

talk about ripping off zeppelin with that intro
    I think there coming back in november again ,I could have sworn i heard ray on 2day fm saying that

yea they are, dave said it on wed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Great song, i really am looking forward to the album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

if ya listen to the lyrics i could be true.. didnt the have some big legal thing over nirvanas music?

dave has written songs about her before... Ill stick around and stacked actors, he has said he had finished with her and wouldnt go down that route again years ago. It isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2day fm

Would it be too hard to type Today FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

After listening a few dozen times, now believe its one of the Foos best.....Certainly seems the new album may finally live up to the Colour and the Shape
    Amazing song live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    dave has written songs about her before... Ill stick around and stacked actors, he has said he had finished with her and wouldnt go down that route again years ago. It isnt
    I thought stacked answers was about him hating living in LA.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Would it be too hard to type Today FM?

I dont see what the problem is,2day fm is = todayfm,same thing.

jeez :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The Foos stuf is beginning to sound a bit samey these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've had to delete a few posts.

Cop on guys, there's certain gigs you're not supposed to be talking about. It's not like there aren't notices up sitewide. I'll have to lock the thread if this continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

sorry hungus didnt realise that that gig was the kinda gig we aint meant to be talking bout.

Edit. Just outta curiosity is this bar on talking about that organiser gonna continue on forever or whats the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Love the new song but every time i hear that line
    "What if I say that I'll never surrender"
    I can't help but cringe:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I quite like this actually, and wasn't expecting to, I approve. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i like it:)hope they come back

The new album is out soon :)

Advertisement