Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Hard Justice Tonight!!

• 12-08-2007 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

TNA World Heavyweight and IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. TNA X Division and TNA World Tag Team Champion Samoa Joe
    All 4 championships are on the line.

There has been a good build for this one, hopefully angle will put joe over, that being said angle has been made look his weakest in past weeks on iMPACT with devorce angle, a screw job maybe on the cards.

Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott)
    Its a tagged as a dream match and rightfully so, most people would have said this match would never happen, both teams are past there prime but the match is worth watching purely on the names involved.
    Steieners to win setting up for a table match down the line

Bar Room Brawl: James Storm vs. Rhino
    The storyline is weak but the match its self should be decent.

The Latin American Exchange (Homicide and Hernandez) vs. The Voodoo Kin Mafia (B.G. James and Kip James)
    dont know whats going on with this one, LAX for the win

Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal vs. The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) (w/Kevin Nash) vs. Triple X (Christopher Daniels, Senshi and Elix Skipper)
    Show stealer pure and simple

Robert Roode (w/Ms. Brooks) vs. Eric Young
    The loser will be tarred and feathered.

This fued isnt over yet?

Doomsday Chamber of Blood Match: Abyss, Andrew Martin and Sting vs. Christian's Coalition (Christian Cage, A.J. Styles and Tomko)
    Before you can pin an opponent, you must make them bleed.
    The person who scores the pin for their team will receive a TNA World Heavyweight Championship match at No Surrender.

A TNA special! Big cage, blood, AJ falls 15 feet, everyone goes home happy

Raven vs. Kaz
    Raven to put Kaz over in a solid match

Chris Harris vs. Dustin Rhodes
    I missed this one, Rhodes puts Harris over and heads back up north to work with his little brother and dad (Please god!)

I was looking forward to this PPV but now that I actually run down the card there is a lot of filler. Hopfully TNA can come up with an original yet believable twist for the main event and make the show memorable!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

pretty weak card in fairness, they've already screwed up the bulid for the main event, TNA have ignored the fact ALL titles are on the line, and instead came up with the horsecrap about angle and his wife.
    Dont forget pacman will be there too :rolleyes: even thou no-one can actually touch him.
    Only thing from this ppv I actually want to see is
    Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal vs. The Motor City Machineguns vs. Triple X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'll give a few matches off this a watch I'm sure, but I'm not looking forward to it. The main event build up has just been stupid. Same with the Dudleys and Steiners, they keep mentioning the tag titles of every company except TNA, which makes them look meaningless

The triple-threat tag team match should be good alright, but I just have a fear of Backlund ruining it all along with Nash, and can you blame me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

TNA had a preview show ala UFC or Mayweather/ de la Hoya on Spike last night. It was really well done.

If they had aired pieces of it over the last 4 weeks on their main tv show, I think they would have had A LOT more successful show in terms of a buy rate.

Yeah, I watched a bit of that on Youtube earlier, it was somethin else watching Angle headbutt Joe again. The first brawl Joe and Kurt had was brilliant. It's kinda just gone downhill from there. I was so into TNA back then

Just listening to Wrestling Observer Live,
    Rhino has turned back to the drink. I'm not sure about this...

Oh no...I'm starting to get worried...
    Karen Angle was seen backstage with a bald-headed guy, and I just read some report from earlier saying that Vito is backstage at the ppv. Vito sure would make this Angle vs Joe feud worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    Just listening to Wrestling Observer Live,
    Rhino has turned back to the drink. I'm not sure about this...

Oh no...I'm starting to get worried...
    Karen Angle was seen backstage with a bald-headed guy, and I just read some report from earlier saying that Vito is backstage at the ppv. Vito sure would make this Angle vs Joe feud worse
    She was seen with a bald-headed guy backstage. It was probably Kurt in fairness! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I thought Hard Justice was an ok pay-per-view

I found a website last night streaming the whole thing and people from all over the world posting comments, it was so funny during the Dustin Rhodes match and particularly the Angle/Joe encounter.
    Joe and Angle was slow to get going but it really heated up mid-way through with Joe kicking out of the ankle lock and olympic slam and angle kicking out of the Muscle Buster and rear naked choke. The finish was so obvious though with Karen helping Kurt to win. I am not so sure the bald guy with Karen was Vito though :confused:

Overall i enjoyed it, maybe because it was like watching it with 150 other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Not a bad show, but then again I did skip a lot if it. The X Division opener was a cracker. 3 very good teams on top form. I'm even warming to Dutt now, something I never thought was possible.
    The Rhino thing was fairly funny tbh. I didn't know who to cheer for though, the guy who let everyone down by falling off the wagon and getting ****faced, or the big mean cowboy who can handle a drink. Hopefully Rhino goes back to the bad ass heel he played in ECW.

Gold Dust. Black Rain. Oh I see what they did there, aren't TNA very clever? That weapon he had was fairly lethal though.

The cage match was decent but AJ didn't have his death defying moment :( Abyss vs Angle was good the first time on Angle's Impact debut and it should be even better next time, assuming Mitchell's monster doesn't get involved. But he will.

Dudley's vs Steiner's wasn't nearly as awful as expected. The crowd were **** though, "Same old ****" is such a bad chant, every wrestler has about 5 signature moves they use so if you use that chant against the Dudley's it should be used against everyone else too. :mad:

What a load of **** Pacman was, and when did the Truth come back?

The title match, bad storyline aside, was quite entertaining, although it didn't differentiate a whole lot from their other matches. It still had the Angle lock reversed into the choke and back again sequence that was cool the first time, now its just getting old. It was great though until the ref bump, then you just knew what was going to happen next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

When is the repeat of it on bravo 2?

ec18 wrote:
    When is the repeat of it on bravo 2?

The first showing on Bravo 2 is tonight, 9pm I think
    I didn't watch all of it, but it looked average enough. I haven't watched the 3-way tag match yet but I've heard it was the best match. Not a surprise, they're some of the most talented guys in the company. Sounded gas on Wrestling Observer Live when Meltzer said that after some big move the first few rows just started dancing cos they were so happy

Raven looked a lot better than the last time I saw him wrestle, I enjoyed that match quite a bit. Raven actually pulled out some moves I didn't think I'd see him ever do!

I didn't enjoy the cage match. Everytime I watch one of these TNA gimmick matches, at some point it just hits me that the guys involved have had matches so much better in the past without gimmicks and I feel like they're being wasted. I don't understand the whole point behind the cage match either. And all these qualifications you need to win TNA matches are ridiculous. Test looked awful I thought, he was imitating Batista one moment and Undertaker the next. I really dislike him right now

Main event was alright, but it's the same old **** with TNA ruining what has the potential to be a great match with stupid booking. I'll give them some credit for not doing what's happened in practically every other title match in the last 3 years, after the heel tapped out when the ref was down this time the face didn't kick out when the ref got back up. Poor poor Joe

Something that annoyed me a lot more with this ppv is that they seemed to miss more important moments on camera than usual. They always miss one or two things, with Mike Tenay calling out to the "guys in the truck" to show the replay. I know WWE has guys in a truck as well, but it sounds so amateurish on tv. They missed a cane shot by Raven, AJ being Blackhole slammed onto the glass and something in the main event too

And now after the Impact tapings
    it'll be Angle defending all the TNA titles on the next ppv, against Abyss, Jay Lethal and Pacman & Killings in three matches. Obviously Pacman won't be in that match, they seem kinda lost on what they're doing with him

• Advertisement
Advertisement