Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASAI to launch industry-wide probe into advertised broadband speeds

Options
  • 12-08-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

There's a piece in the Business section of today's Sunday Tribune about complaints that the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland have received about the discrepancy between the speeds certain broadband providers are advertising and what their subscribers are actually getting. See the attached file for more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Good, it's about time something is been done about the informative advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wonder has this got anything to do with the uptake of 3G broadband, Its the most obvious case of dishonest marketing that comes to my mind. Happy to see that someone is actually going to put some pressure on providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't know. I've the misfortune of being a 3 subscriber and have put in complaints to Comreg and the ASAI. I'd encourage everyone else who's subscribed to substandard ISPs to do the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The ASAI ONLY RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS, they could not investigate a fart in a balloon

To complain about a specific ad by any Internet service provider that made you sign up for the crap service

Read these 2 posts in the '3 'thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53700174&postcount=266

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53700174&postcount=267

and you must complain about a specific ad hear or seen on a date in a media outlet somewhere. General whining is not accepted.

Advertisement