Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercing guns?

Options
  • 12-08-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i have been recently told that guns shouldnt be used anymore! a needle should always be used now as infection is huge when the gun is used! does anyone know the truth? was thinkin of gettin pierced again but no way with a needle!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's really not that much worse with a needle. I haven't heard about them being gotten rid of but I really wouldn't worry too much if it was true. I've had some of my ear ones with a gun and others with a needle and tbh the needle ones have caused less hassle even though they're on the cartilage, but one was only a repiercing. Neither of them caused me much pain when being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Dont
    Ever
    Touch
    A
    Gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

especially in georges arcade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The thought of getting pierced with a needle scared the hell out of me too, initially. But you'll find that the whole process is a lot easier, more comfortable and more hassle-free than a gun and I find guns are more painful. Needles are scary but at the end of a day would you rather have an experienced professional pierce your ear with something designed to do the job, or a blunt stud that tears it's way through? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

a professional piercer will never use a gun. they arent hygenic and the jewellery doesnt suit everyone. It is better to get a piercing done with a needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

:o Yea... At 15 years of age it seemed like a good idea! They even did cartilage with a gun *shudder*. Eventually had to take that one out it got so bad. Got it repierced with needle in Celestial Ring a few years later and had no problems since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

so true one of my mates got a cartilidge piercing there with a gun but the stud only went half way through so the aul one who works there had to take it out and start again:eek:

never gotten pierced with a gun myself..only needles.. didnt even feel the one in my cartilidge at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

guns just remind me of those clothes tagger guns you see dunnes stores clerks running around with.

that's enough for me to go :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

They remind me of staple guns ;)

*PUNCH!!!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

A proper professional piercer will use a brand new needle straight out of a sterilised packet and the needle will be binned after they use it on you. With a gun, it will be sitting in one of those steriliser things that hairdressers use for brushes! I've had my ears done once with a gun. All my other piercings have been done with a needle and I have to say, I prefer the needle. I also had my nose done once with a gun in George's Arcade - very sore, and it went bad after a while!

Don't be afraid of the needle - all piercings hurt no matter WHAT way its done! Just go to a reputable professional piercer and you can't go wrong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I'll reiterate my point again, Guns are the worst possible piercing machines going. The only things they shoul ever be used for is lobes.

A gun uses brute force to push a blunt object straight through your skin. This creates a lot of stress around the pierced area so not only have you just shocked your body by forcing a blunt object right through but the healing process around that area is going to be totally out of whack.

Like I said, guns should be kept to lobes, lobes are just bags of skin so there is not much damage that can be done.

And why the fuck hasn't Georges St. been closed down yet?!

its still popular despite how bad it is,it has deals like two ear piercings for nine euro and most young people when faced with 9 euro in the arcade or about forty in celestial ring and the like will usually always go with the cheap option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*shifty eyes*

ive gotten my ears doe in there loads of times because it was cheap and i was broke,i even got both my tragus done in there with a gun!

Advertisement