Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 3 Help!

• 12-08-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

OK. Can't get through "Bomb the base Act ii"
    I get to kill about 4 or 5 of the Cartel dudes but then 8 ball gets iced!
    The annoying thing is i've done it before a couple of years back but I can't remember how.
    Any tips?
    I am working left to right but maybe i'm just not quick enough?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Is that the bit where you sniper guys off the ship as 8 ball runs on and plants a bomb? If so as far as i remember (its been a while!) if you drive around the warehouses a bit (turn right after you drop 8 ball off and go straight for a bit) you will see one of those pills that slows down time and then race back to your sniping position before that runs out and you should be able to snipe them fairly easily now.

Appologies if that is the wrong thing I`m thinking about but I think that is what I did! Great game btw... I must give it and Vice City another run through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thats it.
    Good man. I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep the pill is the key, time to dig out this one again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Ruu wrote:
    Yep the pill is the key, time to dig out this one again. :)

Also once you take out the the two gunmen at the entrance of the carrier, try to take out as many barrels as you can. The pill won't last long! :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Yeah. Such a muppet! Never spotted them till yesterday!!
    That's why 8 ball was never gettin anywhere.

Got through it last nite! On to Stauntan Island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Wait till you get to the beginning of the third island. A poor mission at best that starts at the airport. Its driving me loopy.

Thank jawsus they made gunfights easier in the preceding games. Liberty city stories is good, on the third island in that and i think ive guessed the end already.

Wait till you get to the beginning of the third island. A poor mission at best that starts at the airport. Its driving me loopy.

Thank jawsus they made gunfights easier in the preceding games. Liberty city stories is good, on the third island in that and i think ive guessed the end already.

It's not the hardest out of the shoreside vale missions. Just get a fast car and bomb through the tunnels, similar to the one in Liberty City Stories.

VR!

It's not the hardest out of the shoreside vale missions. Just get a fast car and bomb through the tunnels, similar to the one in Liberty City Stories.

VR!

or hop in the dodo plane and fly to freedom! thats what I did :)

woooo232 wrote:
    or hop in the dodo plane and fly to freedom! thats what I did :)

I hate those things!! I spent forever on the dildo dodo mission in Vice City! Bastard things to try and control!

VR!

I hate those things!! I spent forever on the dildo dodo mission in Vice City! Bastard things to try and control!

VR!

Yeah in fairness it took me days to be able to control it... but when I did it was pretty sweet to fly over all the cops instead of trying to ram your way through them all as you try and make your way back... Actually it must of taken me weeks to complete this mission!

• Advertisement

woooo232 wrote:
    Yeah in fairness it took me days to be able to control it... but when I did it was pretty sweet to fly over all the cops instead of trying to ram your way through them all as you try and make your way back... Actually it must of taken me weeks to complete this mission!

Yeah i feel that way about the choppers in Vice City, just replaying Vice City on the PC now (already completed it six times over on the Xbox) and will probably go back to GTA III for the PC next. :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

VR!

Was dreading that one myself at the time but got it done on the first go and then ended upside down on the top of some building after the final marker. :D

Advertisement