Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script Checking

Options
  • 12-08-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Could someone tell me what date it is we check our L.C. scripts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=kd

Friday & Saturday, 31st August - 1st September Viewing of scripts in schools

remember though, only you can view your script with one person accompanying you, you can't send someone else. (you can however appeal without viewing your script, this is not advised though) Also, don't assume your teachers will be there, if you want help analysing your script and whether or not you might get marked up from a teacher, get in touch and ask politely that they assompany you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Cheers mate thats a big help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Can your teachers look at the sripts without your consent?
    e.g. I'm going to look at my Irish script no matter what but I don't want my Irish teacher to be anywhere near it.

Can your teachers look at the sripts without your consent?
    e.g. I'm going to look at my Irish script no matter what but I don't want my Irish teacher to be anywhere near it.
    I'm obviously not an official from the SEC or anything but as I understand it, no one can view your script without you actually being present (+ your consent of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

But dont forget if youre going to appeal your result it might be good to have someone who can formulate a worthwhile opinion on whether you were corrected well.

• Advertisement

But dont forget if youre going to appeal your result it might be good to have someone who can formulate a worthwhile opinion on whether you were corrected well.

agreed, as far as I know, you can send it away for a general recheck, or you can write comments on something in particular which you think you deserved more marks for etc. I mean, if you find a mistake adding the marks up which really makes a difference you just write that and you're done.

You should have a good idea yourself from class experience how fair it was marked but it is true that having a teacher, who has most likely seen plenty of real leaving cert scripts and seen which ones were awarded higher grades and which weren't is probably an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

cocoa wrote:
    I'm obviously not an official from the SEC or anything but as I understand it, no one can view your script without you actually being present (+ your consent of course).

But its done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ron-burgandy

anyone know if you can go check them early on Friday?? Around 9am

It's clashing with Electric Picnic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

anyone know if you can go check them early on Friday?? Around 9am

It's clashing with Electric Picnic :mad:
    Just checked that blue-coloured LC candidate information booklet. On page 7, it lists the sessions.
    What happens next?
    The Organising Superintendent appointed by the Commission to your school will assign you to one of the viewing sessions. The viewing sessions will be held as follows:
    • Friday, 31 August, 2007, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm [Session 1]
    • Saturday, 1 September, 2007, from 9:00 am to 12 noon [Session 2]
    • Saturday, 1 September, 2007, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm [Session 3].
    Looks like you don't have much choice regarding the session.

Advertisement