Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Eircom Modem to New Eircom Wireless Modem

• 12-08-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭

I am trying to route the signal from my original Eircom Modem (Netopia 3341) to my new Netopia 2247.

I want to send the signal so as to make the 2247 just send a wireless signal and recieve its info from the 3341.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Have you it laid out something like this ?
    |
    |
    ---tel.line
    [3341]
    ethernet
    [2247]

Just turn off the dhcp server on the 2247 and it should work , i have a similar setup with a netgear , you might need to reboot everything afterwards to make your pc get the dhcp from the 3341

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

i currently have eircom 2247 routers, I want to set one up to recieve the signal from my broadband one and put it back into the network
    inotherwords

dsl.line----[broadband2247]---wireless---[2247]---pc+xbox360

Is it possible? i have no problem with using unstandard firmwares etc.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

In addition to disabling the DHCP server on the 2247, try putting it bridging mode.

Advertisement