Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dump Valve for brand new Mitsubishi L200?

Options
  • 12-08-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hiya,

just wondering about this.. ive found dump valves for turbo diesels on ebay.

Im wondering what people think about one for a brand new jeep. Is this a good idea or not? Where could i buy one other than ebay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

A dump valve on a diesel will do nothing for performance as there is no throttle plate to close on a diesel engine. Thus there is no turbine stall as there is no boost hitting the turbine with the throttle closed.

Also, there may be problems with stalling each time you change gear, as the air flow meter has previosly measured the air that you are now dumping to atmosphere. Thus, it may run rich for a moment.

The kits you buy to run a dv on a diesel will need to get a vacum from the brake servo, connected to a valve controlled by a switch on the accelerator. It's a bit of work to fit, but if you're adamant you want one then look for the "derv doctor", he sells the full kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Seinas wrote:
    Im wondering what people think about one for a brand new jeep. Is this a good idea or not? QUOTE]

No performance gains, no economic gains and the sound of a DV off a jeep seems like a mad concept, fair enough some performance diesel like an alfa or VW TDI wouldnt sound too bad with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Dump valves are not needed on the majority of road going cars, with the exception of a very small view high boosting turbo petrol cars.

It screams, "look at me" anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

Dont do it for gods sake..ull just look like a numpty. Plus the gains on a diesel will be negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

also you will probably invalidate your warranty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

colm_mcm wrote:
    also you will probably invalidate your warranty

yep thats what i was afraid of, the other reasons dont bother me at all, its just that one especially as its been giving me alot of trouble recently

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what sort of trouble have you been having?

Advertisement