Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

greasy hair!!

• 12-08-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm getting very very annoyed! My hair only lasts a few hours before going greasy. It's pretty disgusting and means I have to wash it every day and usually have to clip it back and tie it up until i get to wherever i'm going because it gets especially greasy during travelling!! I tried the whole "wash it less and it'll need to be washed less" thing, but it doesn't change anything. I hate that by the end of a night out it looks practically wet, while my friends look pretty much like they did at the start of the night!! Any tips on how to stop this problem? I don't use hair straightners, or loads of extra products or anything!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Mine is greasy, but not as bad as you've described. I use dry shampoo between washes if my hair is looking bad (like it was today). The one I use is called Batiste dry shampoo and it comes in a green spray can and its about €4 in Boots. Another tip is to change shampoo often and only condition the ends of your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shave it off. When it grows back it'll be less greasy*

*might not be true but go for it anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

hmm,if it's a problem when you're going out you could always go for the wet hair kinda look, when you wash your hair just towel dry it and scrunch it with some styling mosse til it goes curly, when it dries it wont be greasy. well mine never is anyway. Hope that helped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

L'Oreal Elvive Shampoo for greasy hair is quite good.It deinitely gives you an extra day of newly washed hair feeling . The conditioner doesn't make your hair lank and greasy either. I'd recommend it.

Nightwish: Is that dry shampoo not impossible to brush out of your hair again? I bought it but had visions of myself being left looking like I had dandruff from hell because I have thick hair and I couldn't imagine it brushing out fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i use that batiste dry shampoo and it is great but i'd only recommend it for when you really really need it. its not good for your hair and i reckon it makes your hair even more greasy in the long run. your hair produces more oil to combat the dryness caused by the spray! but it does work for a night out! i found those new naked shampoos really good, they have no artificial ingrediants and work pretty well. they're in boots!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Do you get a good lather out of your shampoo? You might be using too much or too little depending.

Also... I hear you should change your hair products over time so you don't get a build up of the same product, apparently.

Whole thing confuses me to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I find Batiste is fine to get out of my hair. I just brush it out for a few minutes and its all gone. Then again I have very fine hair, its not too difficult for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Bastiste is good. BUT if you have dark hair... you may look like you've grey hair when you spray it on.. so make sure to give it a good brush if you've dark hair.

Use clear or clarifying shampoo's rather than the creamy shiny coloured ones. Is your hair very fine? Maybe you could use thickening shampoo's.

It could be a hormonal imbalance aswel... so maybe check it out with your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

I find that Stila's hair refresher is brilliant for refreshing your hair if its looking a bit greasy and you need a quick fix on a night out!

Advertisement