Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the hate?

• 12-08-2007 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

of the uni-brow. I was listening to the radio, and some sleazebag was on, saying ''I wudnt go for a bloke with a uni-brow''. I think Irish girls are the only one who obsess about this. I myself have been inflicted with the 'dreaded' eyebrows, although not badly. Why are uni brows hated so much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

It looks weird, just pluck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

In Spain, people see it as a sign of fertility. Funny I know, but I have read this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I love a unibrow. Especially if it's just straight across in a line, but I've been told this makes me a bit strange, even by guys WITH them. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

argh, it just doesn't look nice. The whole purpose of having eyebrows is to stop the sweat getting into your eyes, so you don't really need a unibrow... if it's just a few hairs thats ok but if it's of equal thickness everywhere then SHAVE IT OFF!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Maybe the dislike stems from the old saying about unibrows :"never trust a man whos eyebrows meet for in his heart there lies deceit." >: )

In relation to the Spanish belief that it's a sign of fertility I read recently that there might be something in that. Prominent strong eyebrows are supposed to be a strong signal of masculinity. When you find someone attractive you widen your eyes and your eyebrows raise for just a nano second as a result. Subconsciously it registers with the person you're looking at and whoever you're with that you're sexually interested and thats equated with you having high testosterone levels.The more prominent your eyebrows the more the signal is picked up on and the more manly and verile you seem (if the article I recently read online on body language is true:).It was from a reputable enough psychology site but I can't remember the name.)

If it bothers you though just pluck or wax it.DO NOT SHAVE. Shaving makes the hair grow back thicker and more profusely. If you have thick hair you'll have your own little mid-eyebrow forest in time or if you shave it regularly you'll end up with stubble where it shouldn't be and that that just is not a good look.

I am shocked I had so much to say about monobrows..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

This is really turning me on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why are uni brows hated so much?
    Cause it makes the individual look like a fecking gorilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

even this conversation is making my stomach churn.....get waxing ...please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Uni Brows and hairy vagines are just a no-no!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

i dont look at eyebrows/unibrows!! i would prefer a man that makes me laugh unibrow or no unibrow!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement