Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MAZDA Maybe buying

• 12-08-2007 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya all,

Looked at a mazda 121 tonite - the model that is really a fiesta, but had a few issues which may bump up the price.

Anyone know what they may cost me?

Only one key, so need another coded for the immobiliser - how much?

Alarm box under bonnet has no keys so it will need a new barrel? big job? how much?

Only one alarm remote. Opened the one that is there and there is a code printed onto a sticker. How much for another one

Finally, it has 58000 miles on the clock and I believe it is due a timing chain at 100,000 KM so not so far away.

Anyone know what it may cost to sort out these issues. It is extremely clean and has a very good history with plenty of paper work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Finally, it has 58000 miles on the clock and I believe it is due a timing chain at 100,000 KM so not so far away.

I've a Mazda 323F, 65000 on the clock, and timing belt was due at 54000.
    Anyways, cheapest quote (only rung 3 places) was for €250. (Lucan area)
    If you're getting the timing belt done, then sometimes you want to replace the timing belt pulleys/tensioners, and maybe even the water pump (another €100)

The mechanic said that the water pump and other stuff is generally solid enough
    until the 2nd timing belt change @ 108k miles or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,467 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

timing chains usually last longer than 100000kms, unless it's a belt, presume it's the 1.25 Ford zetec engine.

Advertisement