Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Can We Take It???

Options
  • 12-08-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Good luck to all the lads and congrats on a great game against Waterford!! Its about time we show that there are great things in Limerick even if it is hurling this time!! :cool:
    I just hope we can repeat the feat of the '73' All Irelands

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Time to put the heartache to rest and win one. We will be underdogs, but lets hope we can nick it.

We painted this city red for Munster, now lets paint it green for Limerick. Get the flags out and show the team how proud we are of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

all i can say is... after today we can win anything.

i was at the match and for anyone that was there man was that sweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yup was watching it in the Davin and people were going crazy, great to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

my boyfriend was watching it here (around 2am NZ time i think!!) and he said it was the best match he'd seen in while..
    i think they can take it...would be awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Yeah i was at the match as wel and it is the baest hurling performance i have seen from a limerick team in the last 11 years! Come on the mighty LIMS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I got two tickets for croke park for me and my brother, so ill be there, not much of a huge GAA fan but im sure it will be good fun.

On another note ive never been to croke park before but ill be going twice in a month (also going to see ireland V germany in the european qualifers)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

1huge1 wrote:
    I got two tickets for croke park for me and my brother, so ill be there, not much of a huge GAA fan but im sure it will be good fun.

On another note ive never been to croke park before but ill be going twice in a month (also going to see ireland V germany in the european qualifers)

where did you get the tickets. have to say i hate it when i hear people who aren't real fans having tickets. followed Limk around all this year, its cost me a fortune at this stage but I can't get tickets.

Croke Park is a fantastic stadium - don't think there a bad seat there

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

It was a brilliant match and you never know we could nick it off Kilkenny.

I also want to congratulate 3 local lads who are on the team. Seamus Hickey and Kevin and Pat Tobin. If you remember way back to the first Limk Tipp match Pat Tobin got a cracker of a goal against Tipp.

Well done Limerick and boys you can do it in September.

angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Heh the tickets aint even on sale yet...lol

iv been at every match so far and if i dont get tickets il go mad, but i will
    if i have to kill for them.

i had to book a flight home from portugal with ryanair today for the 1st
    because i was due back from holidays on the 2nd (day of the final) cost
    me an extra 200 but its worth it.

oh well wrote:
    where did you get the tickets. have to say i hate it when i hear people who aren't real fans having tickets. followed Limk around all this year, its cost me a fortune at this stage but I can't get tickets.

Croke Park is a fantastic stadium - don't think there a bad seat there
    Ya I know ive been in the same situation as your in when it comes to people going to matches when they don;t even like the sport and I couldnt get tickets
    e.g first soccer match in croke park

My dad has two 10 year all ireland tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

How sweet would it be??

Ya really looking forward to it now, but form most people ive talked to they dont seem to hopeful of beating kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They'll do it...i can tell!

btw...anyone know if the big screen is coming back for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Best of luck to the lads....hopefully we'll win

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

poxy shamrock...the big screen is definately going to be on o connell st...it was on last weeks limerick leader and its on live 95 all week....
    as far as i know there will be 2 screens...

come on guys if enthuasiasm and support has anything to do with it our boys will win hands down...the support for the team is amazing..

not sure how the city is looking but out the county its great....
    at the cross roads near my house theres banners and flags up and a car painted green and white.....
    croom is looking fab at the moment as are most of the houses in the county..

yes...we can win!!

UP LIMERICK

AND I HAVE NO TICKETS EITHER:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Unfortunately enthusiasm & support count for nothing in real terms.....

It would be absolutely FANTASTIC if they won it; look at what ambassadors the Munster team were for the city the last time, and although there are overlaps the GAA supporters are long overdue some success and reward.

I have to say this, though; those guys (amateurs with day jobs) have put everything into this campaign, and if they don't win it, I don't mind......all that will matter is that they give it everything on Sunday, and I for one will appreciate and be proud of them.....

From what we've seen, there's no question but that they WILL give it everything, and that's all we can ask for......if they do, and they're still beaten, they'll have been beaten by a better team, coz Limerick take some beating when they're on form (only Waterford managed it, and that was after an epic and energy-sapping crusade against Tipp alone).

So I'll be cheering on like everyone else on Sunday, just as the lads deserve; in the very unlikely event that they play poorly and don't do themselves justice, I'll be a bit critical and thank them for everything up to Sunday; if they play well and lose, credit to both them and to Kilkenny....

But if they win, it will be great for them and for the city......in sport, you can't say they "deserve" it, but it would be a just reward for the effort and excitement that they've given us so far.....I can honestly say that all of the Limerick matches (MF included) have been phenomenal ads for the sport, and regardless of how things fare out on Sunday, the lads have done us proud, and nothing short of a (highly unlikely) dismal "we couldn't be arsed" performance on Sunday will change that.

C'MON THE BOYS IN GREEN !!!!! AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING TO DATE !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Unfortunately enthusiasm & support count for nothing in real terms.....

It would be absolutely FANTASTIC if they won it; look at what ambassadors the Munster team were for the city the last time, and although there are overlaps the GAA supporters are long overdue some success and reward.

I have to say this, though; those guys (amateurs with day jobs) have put everything into this campaign, and if they don't win it, I don't mind......all that will matter is that they give it everything on Sunday, and I for one will appreciate and be proud of them.....

From what we've seen, there's no question but that they WILL give it everything, and that's all we can ask for......if they do, and they're still beaten, they'll have been beaten by a better team, coz Limerick take some beating when they're on form (only Waterford managed it, and that was after an epic and energy-sapping crusade against Tipp alone).

So I'll be cheering on like everyone else on Sunday, just as the lads deserve; in the very unlikely event that they play poorly and don't do themselves justice, I'll be a bit critical and thank them for everything up to Sunday; if they play well and lose, credit to both them and to Kilkenny....

But if they win, it will be great for them and for the city......in sport, you can't say they "deserve" it, but it would be a just reward for the effort and excitement that they've given us so far.....I can honestly say that all of the Limerick matches (MF included) have been phenomenal ads for the sport, and regardless of how things fare out on Sunday, the lads have done us proud, and nothing short of a (highly unlikely) dismal "we couldn't be arsed" performance on Sunday will change that.

C'MON THE BOYS IN GREEN !!!!! AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING TO DATE !!!!!
    i personally think (as a munster fan) that the fact that our limerick hurling sports stars are potential for the best in the country aswell as our rugby players is something special! can you imagine what everyone would be thinking? tons of limerick fans went to cardiff last year and on the streets of limerick to see their local heroes and now were seeing our local heroes again! if we managed to win it would certainly prove to the rest of the country how much passion this city and county has for sport! but what im a bit pissed off about it the allocation of tickets! isent anyone else not angry bout that? read in the post that there was only just over 9 thousand tickets for limerick...and im guessing for kilkenny? i mean come on! with a county of over 200,000 surely they could come up with a bit more than 9 thousand like! there will be more on o connell st on the day so! wat a joke to have such little tickets in what..the 4th largest stadium in the world? so theres potentially going to be bout 18 thousand kilkenny and limerick fans..the rest ppl buy off ppl for 10 times the face value? or a lot of dubs who just want to have a nice time? come on like!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rebs23

From everyone in Cork (and that is everyone), best of luck this Sunday!

BTW: You can't be claiming all the glory about Munster surely a few of the Cork fellas had a part to play and another thing about this sporting Limerick lark.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

rebs23 wrote:
    From everyone in Cork (and that is everyone), best of luck this Sunday!

BTW: You can't be claiming all the glory about Munster surely a few of the Cork fellas had a part to play and another thing about this sporting Limerick lark.........:D
    ah ya i know wat you mean bout munster, just emphasicing the point really! haha aboy da cork! id love to think that the 31 counties will be behind limerick in sunday! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Good luck to Limerick. Give them Cats hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

7/2 on Paddy Power.... worth a flutter? :)

If Limerick win, will it be a "cat ass trophy" for Kilkenny ????

[Sorry!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Get your coat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Liam Byrne wrote:

[Sorry!]

hehe :) Yeah we can definatly do it!We have the whole country behind us,everyone wants lmk to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

love it!

Get your coat ;)

Guess I deserved that ;)

[....cue sound of door closing and footsteps fading into the distance.......]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Good luck to Mike O'Brien and the rest of the Limerick team. You have 31 counties behind you! :D

GlenroeBoys.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have money on Kilkenny to win by between 10-12 points. H/T now and the cats are up by 8 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

kilkenny hurling team are best team in Ireland,and will be for the fore seeable future, Limerick hurling team did their best, heads up lads and well done to all the Limerick players.

UP the Deise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Limerick hurling team did their best, heads up lads and well done to all the Limerick players.

I thinks that's a fair comment .....

I was proud of them .... :)

Advertisement