Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI & 2 Monitors

Options
  • 12-08-2007 11:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

First time posting in this forum, I searched for similar threads and couldn't find anything.

I have 2 graphic cards in my system (Nvidea 7900s) and have them linked via SLI, I decided to get another monitor, unfortunetly I can't get the 2 of them to work if I enable SLI, I have to disable the SLI and they work perfectly, for gaming this is a bit of a pain :(

Just wondering if anyone here was able to get 2 monitors to work on a SLI monitor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Not possible I'm afraid a limitation of SLI means only one display can be used.

The only way round it is to get a third graphics card so a simple PCI or PCI-e x1 card may work though it can be awkward to setup apparently.

Specifically when SLI is active the NVIDIA driver disables all outputs on graphics cards bar the primary so if you stick another NVIDIA card in there it will do nothing. So the solution is to use an old ATI card and hope that the built in driver in Windows will suffice or at least just install the display driver without the ATI control panel and that works for some.

The last option is Matrox Dual or TripleHead2Go which takes the output from the primary card and splits it externally works with SLI but is VGA only.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

thanks 8T8, much appreciated, that's what I feared, most of my slots are filled at the moment and I'm not a believer in downgrading systems which a 3rd card would be :(

At the moment I'm just turning SLI on if I'm playing a game

Advertisement